Bridget A. Berry counsels clients relating to business disputes, and advocates on behalf of clients in jury and non-jury, state and federal court actions, arbitrations and administrative proceedings.
Bridget regularly counsels employers relating to: federal and state laws and regulations; gender, age and disability discrimination claims; harassment, hostile work environment and retaliation claims; wage and hour claims; and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEOC) investigations and proceedings.
Areas of Concentration
· Represents employers in various industries, including: financial institutions, hotels, resorts and clubs, real estate, e-learning or online education, retail, aviation, and servant/cleaning, in wage and hour claims, discrimination claims and other employment litigation and administrative proceedings.
· Handles injunction actions and litigates trade secret and employment restrictive covenant disputes.
· Handles complex title insurance matters including closing protection letter disputes, coverage disputes, defalcation actions, title and closing agent disputes, fraud and forgery.
· Litigates real estate disputes including lender and construction lien foreclosures and development litigation and disputes relating to low income housing developments and investments therein.
· Represents owners of commercial and residential property in tax appeals.
Professional & Community Involvement
· United Way of Palm Beach County, 1996-Present
- General Counsel to United Way, 2002-2006
- Member of Board of Directors, 2002-2013
- Member of Executive Committee, 2002-2010
- Campaign Cabinet 2006-2007; Campaign Committee 2010-2012
-- Chair 2010-2012, Leadership Circle (donors giving $1,000 and above annually)
- Chair of Improving the Lives of Seniors Impact Area, 2006-2009
- Community Impact Steering Committee Member, 2009-2012
-- Initiatives, Grants, and Contracts Subcommittee
- Sub-Committee for Agency Affiliation, 2010
- Women's Leadership Counsel, 2008
- Member of Oversight Committee, 2006-2009
- Member of Strategic Planning Task Force Committee, 2006-2012
· Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County
- Founder and Chair, Greenberg Traurig Independent Living Review Program (representing children aging out of foster care)
- Active Member, Juvenile Advocacy Project, 1993-Present (representing children through age 18 in Juvenile Court (dependency and delinquency matters, adoption and foster care); Family Court and Probate Court.
· Member, Palm Beach County Bar Association, 1985-Present
- Former Business Court Committee
- Former Chairperson, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- Former Liaison, Diversity Mentoring Committee
· Member, Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Palm Beach Chapter
· Member, Catholic Lawyers Guild, Palm Beach County
· Member, Notre Dame Club of the Palm Beaches
· Member, Board of Directors, Council on Child Abuse and Neglect, 1988-1989
· Judge, Palm Beach/Martin County Pathfinders Scholarship Fund Awards (history and political science category), Palm Beach Post, 2008-2013
· Chair, "Raise the Bar" event to benefit the Girl's Leadership Institute, Woman's Foundation of Palm Beach County, 2011
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Construction; Litigation - Labor and Employment; Litigation - Real Estate, 2012-2014
· Listed, South Florida Legal Guide, "Top Lawyers," Labor & Employment, 2013
· Recipient, "Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award," Fifteenth Judicial Circuit, Florida Bar Association, 2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2012-2013
· Listed, Marquis Who's Who and Marquis Who's Who in America, 2012
· Recipient, "Juvenile Law Award," Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, 2011
· Team Member, a Law360 "Employment Practice Group of the Year," 2011
· Team Member, Firm Award (for Independent Living Review Project), Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, 2011
· Recipient, "Mentor of the Year Award," Greenberg Traurig Second Annual Outstanding Pro Bono Service Awards, 2010
· Team Member, "Office of the Year Award" (for Independent Living Review Project), Greenberg Traurig, 2010
· Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers™
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· In dispute involving litigation in U.S. and Europe against clients, affiliated companies and their officers and directors spanning a period of twelve years, obtained Florida state court jury verdict for clients on breach of contract claims and defeated employee's counterclaim for over $200 million in damages on fraud, racketeering, conspiracy and other claims.
· Obtained state court jury verdict and attorneys' fees award for condominium unit owners against condominium association for breach of statutory and common law duties to maintain condominium property.
· Obtained federal court jury verdict for $3 million in compensatory damages and an additional $1.5 million against each of three defendants in a case involving fraudulent inducement and conduct in violation of the Federal Securities Act.
· Defended commercial shopping center owners in litigation brought by neighboring residential property owners, obtaining partial judgments resulting in settlement favorable to client.
· Defended credit card transaction processor in action relating to merchant accounts and chargeback transactions on internet sales, resulting in settlement favorable to client.
· Transactional law and litigation in San Juan, Puerto Rico, 1990-1991
· Internship with Chief Justice Boyd, Supreme Court of Florida, 1984-1985
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Speaker, "Social Media in the Workplace," Employment Law Update, Sterling Education Services, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, October 2011; August 2013
· Speaker, "Commercial Litigation" and "Commercial Trial Advocacy" panels, Bench Bar Conference, Palm Beach County Bar Association, 2010; Commercial Litigation Panel, 2013
· Adjunct Professor, Palm Beach Atlantic College, MBA Program, Legal Environment of Business Course, 1999, 2000
(Also at Boca Raton Office)