Bruce Lawrence is a Partner in our Securities and Capital Markets Group, and is the Regional Chair of our Oil and Gas Focus Group. Based in Calgary, Bruce has practised in the corporate/commercial area since 1982, with an emphasis on clients involved in the natural resources sector. The bulk of his practice involves corporate and securities transactions with exposure to numerous public and private financings, mergers, acquisitions, take-over bids and plans of arrangement. Bruce is also involved in oil sands and off-shore oil and gas development.
In addition to his work with the natural resource sector, Bruce is involved in all of the various aspects surrounding franchising.
Publications & Presentations
• Co-Author, Dealing w?ith Partnerships, The Negotiator, March 2015.
• Has lectured and participated as a panel member at numerous conferences and seminars (including forums such as Toronto Stock Exchange-sponsored seminars, the Bar Admission course, and society groups such as the Canadian Investor Relations Institute).
• Has delivered many papers on commercial topics such as public offerings, take-overs, public disclosure obligations, directors' liabilities, contentious shareholder meetings, oil and gas industry fundamentals and limited partnerships.
Rankings & Recognitions
• Recognized as a leading energy lawyer in the 2016, 2015 and 2014 editions of the Lexpert/Report on Business Special Edition on Energy.?
• Recognized in the 2016 and 2015 edition of the Lexpert Special Edition on Global Mining.
• Recognized as a leading energy lawyer in the 2014 edition of the Lexpert/Report on Business Special Edition on Mining.
• Recognized in the 2015 edition of The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Corporate Mid-Market).
• Martindale-Hubbell BV Distinguished 4.4 out of 5 Peer Review Rated.