Bruce is Chair of the Antitrust Section and in his over 30 years in private practice, he has developed extensive experience in a broad range of antitrust matters, as well as communications regulation, including associated First Amendment and copyright law matters.
In the antitrust area, Bruce's practice includes antitrust counseling and representation in connection with federal and state governmental matters, as well as private antitrust litigation. He counsels and has represented Fortune 100 companies, not-for-profits, start-up entities, trade associations and domestic and international joint ventures. Bruce has been involved in antitrust matters spanning a broad range of industries, but has particularly deep experience in the communications, health care, and retail industries.
In the communications area, Bruce counsels and represents clients before the Federal Communications Commission and the courts in a wide variety of matters, including rulemakings and their judicial review, constitutional issues raised by FCC actions, and merger reviews. Bruce has also represented copyright users in proceedings in the Southern District of New York and before arbitration entities established under the Copyright Act to establish copyright royalties.
Bruce served as the Managing Member for the firm's Washington, DC office from 1989 to 2001, and served on the firm's Executive Committee from 1989 to 2002.
During law school, he served as editor-in-chief of the Georgetown Law Journal. Following his graduation from Georgetown, Bruce served as law clerk to Judge Edward Allen Tamm of the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
• Sixty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2015 Edition, ( 08.18.2014 )
• Fifty-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2014 Guide, ( 05.23.2014 )
• Eleven Mintz Levin Attorneys Named Washington, DC Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, ( 04.25.2014 )
• Sixty-Three Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2014 Edition, ( 08.15.2013 )
• Mintz Levin's Wins Significant Antitrust Case for C-SPAN, ( 06.10.2013 )
• Forty-Eight Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2013 Guide, ( 05.24.2013 )
• Nine Mintz Levin Members Named Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, ( 04.29.2013 )
• Featured in Q&A with Bruce Sokler, Law360 ( 04.10.2013 )
• Mintz Levin Advises on Top Greentech Deal of 2012, ( 01.08.2013 )
• Sixty Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2013 Edition, ( 08.24.2012 )
• Mintz Levin Attorney Bruce D. Sokler to Speak at Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, ( 08.08.2012 )
• Mintz Levin Represents Lowell General Hospital in Merger with Saints Medical Center, ( 07.10.2012 )
• Mintz Levin Attorney Bruce D. Sokler Featured in Chambers USA 2012 Guide, ( 06.21.2012 )
• Forty-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2012 Guide, ( 06.07.2012 )
• Mintz Levin's Energy and Clean Technology Practice Represents GreatPoint Energy in $1.25 Billion Joint Venture, ( 06.04.2012 )
• Five Mintz Levin Members Named Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers, ( 04.30.2012 )
• Forty-Three Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2012 Edition, ( 09.06.2011 )
• Bruce Sokler Named Outstanding Healthcare Antitrust Lawyer by Nightingale's Healthcare News for Third Consecutive Year, ( 01.07.2010 )
• Mintz Levin Files Suit Against HUD on Behalf of Mississippi Residents Still Homeless Three Years After Katrina, ( 01.08.2009 )
• Mintz Levin Advises CVS Corporation on its Acquisition of Caremark Rx, Inc., ( 03.28.2007 )
• Mintz Levin Advises CVS Caremark Corporation on its Acquisition of Longs Drugs Stores, ( 11.06.2006 )
Awards & Recognitions
•Chambers USA: District of Columbia - Antitrust (2012 - 2014)
•Washington DC Super Lawyers: Antitrust Litigation (2012 - 2014)
•Best Lawyers in America: Antitrust Law (2012 - 2015)
•Nightingale's Healthcare News: Outstanding Healthcare Antitrust Lawyer (2007 - 2009)
•Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
• Speaker, The Direction and Economic Impact of Health Care Reform Post the Supreme Court Decision, 2012 Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, Maui, HI (08.13.2012)