For more than 25 years, Bruce Macdonough has concentrated his practice on mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, other sophisticated corporate finance transactions, and providing general corporate counsel to public and private companies. The judgment and experience gained from working with both entrepreneurs and institutions in a wide range of industries and through several economic cycles helps Bruce to assist clients in efficiently navigating the minefield of legal and financial issues raised in structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing business deals.
Areas of Concentration
· Mergers and acquisitions, buyouts and recapitalizations
· Public and private equity and debt offerings
· Periodic SEC reporting
· Board and special committee advice, including corporate governance counsel
· Start-up and venture capital transactions
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law, 2009-2014
- "Lawyer of the Year," Securities / Capital Markets Law, Phoenix, 2014
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Southwest Super Lawyers, 2007-2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2006-2013
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Wide-ranging public company M&A experience, including acquisition programs for consolidators and other growth companies, going private transactions, special committee assignments, tender offers, mergers and other change-in-control transactions.
· Regular representation of private companies, ranging from entrepreneurial family businesses to private equity firms, in acquisitions and dispositions.
· General counsel for public companies, including advice and assistance with respect to periodic SEC reporting, corporate governance and director fiduciary duties.
· Served as issuer's counsel in numerous initial and other public, Rule 144A and PIPE offerings for businesses in a broad range of industries.
· Served as underwriters' counsel for investment banking firms that have included Salomon Smith Barney, Raymond James, BT Alex. Brown, Warburg Dillon Read, and Prudential Securities.
· Broad corporate finance experience that includes venture capital and other private placements of equity and debt securities, secured bank and subordinated loans, and the structuring and negotiation of joint venture, shareholders' and strategic alliance agreements.
· Industry experience that has included manufacturing, specialty retail, health care, hospitality and other service businesses.