Practice/Industry Group Overview
The Finance and Public Law Practice Area offers exemplary service across a broad spectrum of business matters that effect public entities.
Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs brings decades of experience in finance and public law, spanning the width and breadth of many of our practice areas. Our attorneys have represented counties, cities, villages and school districts as general and special counsel on diverse matters ranging from legislation and litigation, to employment law and zoning.
In the last 20 years alone, we have participated as counsel in the issuance and sale in billions of dollars of tax-exempt securities. Our extensive involvement has touched numerous angles of public finance, with our knowledgeable attorneys serving as borrower, bank, underwriter and issuer counsel. This familiarity gives us tremendous insight into even the most unique issues.
Whether it’s civil rights, public records, audit proceedings, tax settlements or zoning matters, our attorneys have one goal in mind – the complete satisfaction of our clients. The ability to put the full resources of our team in your corner may help ensure positive outcomes to your important concerns.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Bond Counsel
- Borrower, Bank, Underwriter and Issuer Counsel
- Real Estate
- Tort and Civil Rights Cases
- Open Meetings and Public Records Requirements
- State Audit Proceedings and Findings
- Tax Settlements with County Budget Commissions
- Zoning Matters
- Advice on and drafting of legislation and regulations regarding the financial services industry, the administration of federal, state and municipal funds and debts
- Representation before federal and state agencies regarding approval of methods for disbursing both general and targeted assistance funds