Burt Bruton has been an attorney with the firm since 1981 and has been a shareholder in its Real Estate Practice since 1988. Burt's practice includes the representation of lenders and borrowers in real estate financing and secured transactions, as well as buyers and sellers of real property.
Areas of Concentration
· Commercial real estate
· Secured transactions
· Florida mortgage and transfer taxes
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
· Member, The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Member, Mortgage Law, Title Insurance, and Legal Opinions Committees
- Chair, Legislative Review Committee, 2007-2009
- Vice Chair, Legislative Review Committee, 2001-2003
· Teacher, University of Miami School of Law, Real Estate Transaction Workshop
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law; Litigation - Real Estate, 2005-2014
· Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
· Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010 and 2013
- "Lawyer of the Year," Miami Litigation - Real Estate Law, 2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2006-2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
- "Top 100 Lawyers in Miami," 2010-2013
- "Top 100 Lawyers in Florida," 2010
- "Top 50 Lawyers in South Florida, 2010
· Listed, Florida Trend magazine - Real Estate Law, 2004-2013
- "Hall of Fame," 2009-2013
- "Legal Elite," 2004-2008
· Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011 and 2012
· Recipient, "2008-2009 Robert C. Scott Memorial Award," The Florida Bar, Real Property Probate & Trust Law Section, May 22, 2009
· Listed, Who's Who Legal, Florida - Real Estate, 2008
· Listed, The Legal 500 United States, 2007-2008
· Recipient, "Annual Service Award," The Florida Bar, Real Property Probate & Trust Law Section - Hall of Fame, 2002-2003
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Member of Greenberg Traurig team that represented MAT Concessionaire, LLC and its sponsors, Meridiam Infrastructure Fund and Bouygues Travaux Publics, S.A., in the Port of Miami Tunnel project, one of the first greenfield public-private partnerships in the United States.
· Represented a large financial institution in connection with several construction loans in excess of $100 million. Coordinated the work of local counsel in a substantial number of multistate financing transactions.
· Drafted tribal version of UCC Article 9 adopted by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. Represented the tribe in several note and bond financings exceeding $700 million.
· Represented major Florida homebuilder in structuring revolving secured $450 million project financing facility.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
Burt is a regular speaker at continuing legal education seminars on such topics as legal opinion letters, documentary stamp taxes, uniform partnership statutes and construction lending
· Author, Florida Documentary Stamp Taxes Chapter, Florida Real Property Complex Transactions, The Florida Bar