- Corporate & Commercial
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Middle East
- Renewables - Wind, Solar, Hydro & CleanTech
|Education||University of Toronto; Osgoode Hall Law School (LL.B., 1996)|
|Admitted||1998, Ontario. (Not admitted in Bahrain)|
Carlos has been practising corporate/commercial law with Blakes for over 15 years, including over three years spent in the Firm's London, England, office. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and project development transactions.
Carlos acts for a number of public companies as well as large privately held entities providing strategic advice on transactions as well as legal input on day-to-day operations. He has extensive experience leading teams working with clients with operations in various jurisdictions with particular expertise assisting clients in mining and financial services.
Carlos has been involved in a number of large, complex transactions including:
• The combination of Interbrew and AmBev to create InBev, the world's largest brewer
• The C$25-billion merger of Vivendi, Seagram and Canal+ to create Vivendi Universal
• The sale of substantially all of Bank of America's Canadian operations to The Toronto-Dominion Bank for over C$8-billion
• Acting for Lonmin plc in connection with its acquisition of Southern Platinum and AfriOre
• The sale by CIT Financial of its Dell financing business to Dell Financial
• The sale of Citibank Canada's MasterCard portfolio to Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce for over C$2-billion
• Acting for European Nickel plc and African Mining Limited in connection with their joint ventures
• Acting for Western Areas NL and Moly Mines Limited in connection with their listings on the Toronto Stock Exchange
Awards & Recognition
Carlos was recognized in the November/December 2007 issue of Lexpert magazine as one of the "Leading Lawyers Under 40" in Canada.
|Profile Visibility |
|#24 in weekly profile views out of 136 lawyers in Manama, Bahrain|
|#137,516 in weekly profile views out of 1,509,349 total lawyers Overall|