- Business Litigation
- Energy Litigation
- Environmental Law
- Maritime, Oilfield and Insurance
|Contact Info||Telephone: (713) 651-2960|
Fax: (713) 651-2908
|University ||University of Puerto Rico, B.S., Chemical Engineering, magna cum laude, 1995; University of Houston, M.A., Environmental Management, 2001|
|Law School||University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2009 Order of the Barons, Energy and Environmental Law Society, Comments Editor, Houston Journal of International Law|
Mr. Moreno is an associate in the firm's Houston office. His practice focuses on litigation related to the energy industry, including environmental law, maritime law, and oilfields.
Mr. Moreno has more than 15 years of engineering experience in the energy industry, and prior to practicing law, worked as an environmental advisor for a major integrated oil company. He has also previously served as an Environmental Engineer for Air/Water, as an Environmental Consultant/Waste Program Manager, as an Optimization Engineer, and as a Refinery Process Engineer with other energy industry companies.
Mr. Moreno received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Houston Law Center in 2009, where he was selected to Order of the Barons. He was also a member of the Energy and Environmental Law Society, and served as Comments Editor for the Houston Journal of International Law. Mr. Moreno received his Master of Science in Environmental Management from the University of Houston in 2001, and his Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, magna cum laude, from the University of Puerto Rico in 1995. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas' Section of Environmental and Natural Resources, the Houston Bar Association's Section of Environmental Law, and the American Bar Association.
A native of San Juan, Puerto Rico, Mr. Moreno is fluent in Spanish.
Honors & Affiliations:
· Houston Bar Association (Member, Section of Environmental Law)
· State Bar of Texas (Member, Section of Environmental and Natural Resources)
· "Current Air Issues: Onshore Oil and Gas Production," Legal Issues in Oil and Gas Production, HalfMoon Seminars, Houston, Texas, April 2011
· "Key 2012 Environmental Regulatory Developments Affecting the OCS," Liskow & Lewis E-Newsletter, January 2, 2013
· "Changes May Be on the Way for the Region 6 OCS NPDES Discharge Permit," Liskow & Lewis E-Newsletter, December 2011
· "A Significant Decision in the Marshall and Vaquillas Cases: Texas Supreme Court Rules in Single Opinion on Fraudulent Concealment and Limitations Title," Liskow & Lewis E-Newsletter
· "Oil and Gas Exploration and Production in the Gulf of Guinea: Can the New Gulf be Green?" 2 Houston Journal of International Law 31, 2009
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
|Profile Visibility |
|#2,068 in weekly profile views out of 25,547 lawyers in Houston, Texas|
|#131,925 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|