Board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in two areas, Family Law and Civil Trial Law, Carmen Elaine Eiker is among an elite group of attorneys who have achieved dual board certification, comprising less than 3% of all licensed attorneys in Texas. Carmen's 30 plus years of experience have attuned her to the nuances of both custody and property issues in family law cases. Her acute analytical and persuasive skills make her a forceful advocate for her clients, both inside and outside the courtroom. This was reflected in her selection to D Magazine's list of the Best Women Lawyers in Dallas - an honor extended to fewer than 20 female family law attorneys. From previously practicing as a solo practitioner to being a partner in a boutique firm devoted exclusively to family law, Carmen has honed her expertise in all aspects of family law.
· Family Law
· Property Puzzles: Characterization, Tracing, 25 Rules and More (Co-author), 2005 Advanced Family Law Course.
· Unusual Remedies (Co-author), 2005 Advanced Family Law Drafting Course.
· Evidence (Speaker), Family Law Essentials, Pro Bono Committee of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, Waco, Texas, 2006.
· Be Careful What You Ask For, You May Get It Common Sense Discovery Requests and Responses (Co-Author), 2006 Advanced Family Law Course
· Effective Preparation and Presentation of a SAPCR Case (Speaker), Family Law Essentials, Pro Bono Committee of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, Marshall, Texas, 2007.
· Making Summary Judgments Relevant Again (Co-author), 2007 Advanced Family Law Course
· The Impaired Client - Working Through The Impairment To Find The True Client Within (Author & Speaker), 31st Annual Marriage Dissolution Institute (2008)
· Residential Preference (Author) Texas Lawyer Year In Review (2009)
· Family Law Update, Top Ten for 2010 (Speaker) Rockwall County Bar Association (2010)
· Family Law/Civil Trial (Speaker) Midland County Bar Association/Permian Basin Paralegal Association (2010)
· Hot Topics in Family Law (Speaker) Dallas Hispanic Bar Association (2010)
Honors and Awards
· Board Certified in Family Law and Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
· American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2010 (Fellow)
· Best Women Lawyers in Dallas (Family Law) D Magazine, 2010
· State Bar of Texas-Family Law and Litigation Sections
· American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
· Local Bar Services Committee
· College of State Bar of Texas
· Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
· Texas Family Law Foundation
· Dallas Bar Association-Family Law and Trial Skills sections