Practice/Industry Group Overview
Carroll, Burdick & McDonough's construction attorneys have extensive experience handling disputes ranging from complex, high-stakes litigation on commercial and public projects to defending smaller claims arising out of single-family residences. Our team possesses the technical expertise that is critical to the successful defense and resolution of construction claims and construction defect actions.
Tremendous Depth of Expertise
Our clients are some of Northern California's largest developers, contractors, design professionals, and subcontractors, as well as nationally known manufacturers and materials suppliers. We also represent property owners, financial institutions, brokers and property management firms.
The Construction Litigation team is comprised of attorneys who are experts in a vast array of construction issues including:
- Representation of owners, developers, financial institutions, contractors, manufacturers, and design professionals in government, commercial and residential projects
- Negotiation and preparation of contracts
- Representation of clients in construction defect and construction accident cases
- Representation of clients in mediation, arbitration or litigation of construction claims and payment disputes
- Assisting clients in solving problems that arise during the construction phase
Recognition in the Courtroom and Beyond
Our expertise in construction issues is recognized by the courts as well as our peers. We have been designated coordinating counsel in numerous complex construction defect cases, and our attorneys are frequently called upon by other law firms to serve as arbitrators and mediators in resolving disputes. Our experience and reputation often enable us to obtain quick results at minimum cost.