Charles-Antoine Souli`re is an associate in our Business Law Group in Quebec City.
His practice focusess mainly on securities, mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing, venture capital as well as general business and corporate matters. He has been involved in various transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, public offerings and private placements.
Mr. Souli`re's experience includes:
· acquisition by Amaya Gaming Group Inc. of CryptoLogic Limited by way of take-over bid and financing of the acquisition by special warrants offering ($34.5 million);
· bought deal public offerings of Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. of Non-Cumulative 5-Year Rate Reset Class A Preferred Shares ($250 million);
· debt facility entered into among Stornoway Diamond Corporation, Fonds de solidarité FTQ, Fonds régional de solidarité FTQ Nord-du-Québec, S.E.C. and Investissement Québec through Diaquem Inc. and private placement of units; ($26 million);
· bought-deal public offering of Champion Minerals Inc. through a syndicate of underwriters led by Macquarie Capital Markets Canada Ltd. and including Paradigm Capital Inc., Stifel Nicolaus Canada Inc., Canaccord Genuity Corp. and Fraser Mackenzie Limited ($30 million);
· financing of Myca Health Inc. through the issuance of common shares, preferred shares and convertible debentures ($10 million);
· issuance of subordinated debentures by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. by way of prospectus supplement through a syndicate of dealers co-led by RBC Capital Markets and TD Securities and consisting of BMO Capital Markets, Scotia Capital, CIBC World Markets, National Bank Financial, Casgrain & Company and Industrial Alliance Securities ($250 million);
· private placement of Innovente Inc. through National Bank Financial Inc., as agent ($5 million);
· investment of Philip Morris Investments B.V. in Medicago Inc. by way of a private placement ($22.5 million);
· private placement by Medicago Inc. through a syndicate of agents co-led by Boom Burton & Co. Inc., Desjardins Capital Markets and Paradigm Capital Inc. ($25 million);
· merger of Advitech Inc. and Natunola Health Biosciences Inc. to form Botaneco Corp. and concurrent private placement ($6.8 million);
· private placement of CO2 Solutions Inc. by a syndicate of investment dealers comprised of National Bank Financial Inc. and Mackie Research Capital Corporation, as agents ($4.3 million);
· acquisition by Amaya Gaming Group Inc. of Chartwell Technology Inc. by way of plan of arrangement ($22.77 million);
· private placement of common shares of Amaya Gaming Group Inc. conducted through a syndicate of underwriters led by Canaccord Genuity Corp. and including Laurentian Bank Securities Inc. ($10.2 million);
· acquisition by Colabor Group Inc. of The SKOR Food Group Inc. by way of take over bid ($35.6 million);
· private placement of Augyva Mining Resources Inc. led by Haywood Securities Inc. ($6.9 million);
· offering of Medicago Inc., by way of prospectus supplement co-led by Desjardins Securities Inc. and Bloom Burton & Co. Inc. and a syndicate of agents comprised of Paradigm Capital Inc., Roth Capital Partners, LLC, Laurentian Bank Securities Inc. and RBC Dominion Securities Inc. ($17.4 million);
· public offering of shares by Amaya Gaming Group Inc. conducted through a syndicate of underwriters co-led by Canaccord Genuity Gorp. and Dundee Securities Corporation, and including Laurentian Bank Securities Inc. ($10.2 million);
· creation by the Government of Quebec, in collaboration with Fond de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (F.T.Q.) and FIER partenaires, limited partnership, of three specialized seed funds for the technology sector with a total capitalization of $123.4 million at their initial closing;
· bought-deal public offering by D-Box Technologies Inc. made by a syndicate of underwriters led by National Bank Financial Inc. and including Canaccord Genuity Corp., NCP Northland Capital Partners Inc., Cormark Securities Inc. and Industrial Alliance Securities Inc. ($15 million);
· acquisition by Dow Corning Corporation of 49% ownership interest in Quebec Silicon Limited Partnership (US$40.3 million);
· prospectus offering of Immunovaccine Inc. by a syndicate of agents led by Paradigm Capital Inc. ($7.5 million);
· acquisition of Innov-X Systems Inc. by Olympus NDT Corporation by way of plan of merger;
· execution by Medicago Inc. of a standby equity distribution agreement with YA Global Master SPV Ltd., a fund managed by Yorkville Advisors, LLC for the implementation of an $10 million equity line of credit;
· refinancing transactions of Fibrek inc. by financial partners including Société Générale de Financement du Québec ($190 million);
· acquisition of Laura Secord by Jean and Jacques Leclerc;
· acquisition of Botaneco Specialty Ingredients Inc. by Advitech Inc. and concurrent equity financing;
· financing of Myca Health Inc. by BlueCross BlueShield Venture Partners, LP and Sandbox Co-Investment Fund I, L.P. (US$5 million);
· acquisition and privatization of Conporec Inc. by Solutions Développement Durable (SDD) Inc. by way of plan of arrangement.
Mr. Souli`re received his law degree from the Université de Sherbrooke in 2007. He was called to the Québec bar in 2008.