Charley Glerum has been listed in Best Lawyers in America, Massachusetts Super Lawyers and in Chambers USA. His practice focuses on creditor representation in which he has represented secured creditors, subordinated creditors and unsecured creditors in all phases of workouts, from the response to the first defaults under loan agreements to the negotiation of workout and forbearance agreements through litigation and bankruptcy. He also focuses on transactions with Insolvency Issues and has extensive experience in all aspects of complicated debt restructurings, workouts, debt acquisitions and asset recovery transactions, as well as the purchase and sale of assets in insolvency situations.
· Representation of series of creditors committees in both Delaware and Massachusetts, including the creditors' committees of MCMS, Olympus Healthcare, Winthrop Hospital, ACT Manufacturing, Carlson Implementation Associates, Inc., Bay State Lobster Company and Boston Publishing Company.
· Representation of senior secured lenders in connection with bankruptcy of multi-state cable company with five levels of institutional debt aggregating over $250 million, in connection with which clients recovered their principal, accrued interest and default interest and expenses in full in cash upon confirmation of plan of reorganization.
· Representation of various parties in healthcare insolvencies, including serving as debtor's counsel in first hospital Chapter 11 in Massachusetts and as court appointed Bankruptcy Trustee of 19 separate healthcare corporations.
· Representation of several secured investors and institutional investors in Chapter 11 cases throughout US.
· Serving as court appointed Examiner, in one case to investigate allegations of fraud and in second case to supervise the sales process of a bio-tech start-up, which resulted in confirmation of Plan of Reorganization guarantying a 35% recovery for unsecured creditors.
· Representation of the Chapter 11 Trustee of series of Chapter 11 debtors with annual revenues of $400 Million.