Chair of the McLennan Ross Executive Committee from 1998 to 2012, Chuck focuses his practice primarily in the restructuring and insolvency area. He has extensive experience involving corporate restructuring and reorganizations, receiverships, bankruptcies of corporations and individuals, with significant experience on cross-border issues. Chuck's practice includes advising lenders on methods of securitizing loans.
Awards and Recognition
· Leading cross-border litigation lawyer - Insolvency & Financial Restructuring, 2013 Lexpert® Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Litigation Lawyers in Canada
· Leading practitioner - Insolvency, Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
· AV Preeminent peer review rating (highest possible rating), Martindale-Hubbell
· Edmonton Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers 2012
· Appointed Queen's Counsel, 2002
Professional Associations and Affiliations
· Member, Insolvency Institute of Canada
· Board Member, Meritas Law Firms Worldwide
· Counsel to debtors in various industries in successful restructurings utilizing the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act and U.S. Chapter 11 proceedings.
· Counsel to lenders in realization proceedings.
· Counsel to receivers, monitors and trustees in receivership, bankruptcy and restructurings.