- Business Disputes
- Employment & Labor Law Litigation
- Professional Liability
|University ||University of South Carolina, B.A., 1978|
|Law School||University of South Carolina, School of Law, J.D., 1983|
|Admitted||1983, South Carolina|
Cheryl D. Shoun is Special Counsel with Nexsen Pruet's Business Litigation Practice Group. Ms. Shoun is a trial attorney and certified mediator whose experience includes:
· Construction law
· Insurance defense
· Personal injury defense
· Employment litigation
· Medical malpractice
Prior to joining Nexsen Pruet, she was founding partner of the first and only female law firm on historic Broad Street in Charleston.
Ms. Shoun earned her undergraduate degree, cum laude, from the University of South Carolina where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. She received her law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law.
Ms. Shoun is active in the Lowcountry community and volunteers in the Coordinated Community Response to Domestic Violence Task Force.
She lives in Mt. Pleasant with her daughter and two sons.
· S.C. Patient Compensation Fund, Board member
· Charleston County Bar Association, Past President, Past Secretary-Treasurer
· Charleston Lawyer's Club, Past President
Nexsen Pruet Expands Charleston Office; Cheryl Shoun Joins Firm as Special Counsel
Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce that Cheryl D. Shoun has joined its Business Litigation Group as Special Counsel.
The Carolinas Insurance Litigation Review
This issue of the Carolinas Insurance Litigation Review includes:
- "Challenging Policyholder Claims for Bad Faith and Punitive Damages" for North Carolina
- "Combating Policyholder Bad Faith and Breach of the Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing Claims" for South Carolina
Civic & Professional Memberships
· Town of Mt. Pleasant Appearance Committee, Past Vice Chair
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#159 in weekly profile views out of 1,990 lawyers in Charleston, South Carolina|
|#129,265 in weekly profile views out of 1,568,853 total lawyers Overall|