Cheryl L. Gordon focuses her practice on business and transactional tax law, and advises a wide variety of corporate and high net worth individuals on tax and legal aspects of their business activities and estate plans.
Cheryl, who is also a certified public accountant, has represented and advised numerous individuals and companies in the formation, acquisition and/or sale of business ventures, the planning and implementation of qualified plans and all aspects of the day-to-day operations of their business.
Cheryl also works with high net worth individuals and business owners to organize their income tax, business succession and estate planning affairs in order to maximize wealth preservation and minimize tax on transfers to family members, charities and other recipients. This is accomplished through the use of the latest sophisticated estate planning strategies, including sophisticated wills and trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, family limited partnerships, family charitable foundations, and other similar techniques.
Cheryl also practices in estate and trust administration to further carry out the desires set forth in the estate planning documents implemented by her clients. She maintains long term relationships with her clients, regularly communicating with them to learn about changes in their personal lives that may lead to legal and tax implications as they apply to estate and trust plans. These personal relationships have served to better aid Cheryl in carrying out her client's plan and desires through the probate and trust administration process to the final settlement of their estate.
· AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
· Best Lawyers in America
· Leadership Sarasota, Graduate
Professional and Community Affiliations
· Sarasota County Bar Association
· Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
· Education Foundation of Sarasota County, Inc. Board of Directors, Chair
· Lou Gehrig's Disease Association of Southwest Florida, Inc., Board of Directors
· Neuro Challenge Foundation, Inc., formeer Board Member
· Small Business Council for the Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, former Board Member
· Downtown Partnership, former President
· Sarasota Opera Association, former Board Member and Vice President
· Temple Beth Sholom, former Board Member, Vice President and Treasurer
· Women's American ORT, former President
· Sarasota-Manatee Jewish Foundation, former Trustee
· Sarasota-Manatee Jewish Federation, former Board Member