Christian Lorenz's practice involves counseling clients in the full range of antitrust matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and in connection with civil and criminal investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Federal Trade Commission, the European Commission, and competition authorities around the world. He represents clients in matters involving a wide variety of industries, including software, defense, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, biotechnology, engineered products, auto parts, financial and airline.
Christian received his J.D., magna cum laude, from the American University, Washington College of Law, and his B.A. in Economics from Vanderbilt University. He was named a “Rising Star” in Washington, D.C., by Super Lawyers magazine (2013, 2014, 2015). He is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia and New York.
Antitrust representations include:
•Novant Health in its sale of outpatient diagnostic imaging centers to Northside Hospital.
•Aer Lingus on various matters, including International Airline Group's $1.4 billion offer for Aer Lingus, its defense of successive hostile takeover bids by Ryanair, as well as UK investigations into Ryanair's minority shareholding in Aer Lingus and related UK appeals.
•Eli Lilly & Company in connection with its $5.4 billion acquisition of Novartis Animal Health.
•Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. in its $15.6 billion acquisition by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
•US Airways in its $17 billion merger with American Airlines and its slot transaction with Delta Air Lines.
•The U.S. Treasury in connection with the bailout of General Motors and Chrysler.
•Deutsche Post DHL on UPS's planned acquisition of TNT.
•Deutsche BOrse on its proposed merger with NYSE Euronext.
•Anheuser-Busch InBev in various antitrust matters.
•Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company in various antitrust matters.
•Celanese Corporation in connection with various acquisitions and divestitures.
•Microsoft Corporation in numerous antitrust matters.
News & Resources
• Cadwalader Team Guides Aer Lingus to Merger With IAG and to Definitive End of Nine-Year Legal Battle With Ryanair Oct 05, 2015
• New Deals - Lawyers on Major Transactions Jan 29, 2009
• Cadwalader Attorneys Recognized by 2015 Washington D.C. Super Lawyers Magazine Apr 29, 2015
Clients & Friends Memos
• FTC Announces 2015 Thresholds for Merger Control Filings Under HSR Act and Interlocking Directorates Under the Clayton Act Jan 16, 2015
• Merger Control in the United States: Lexology Navigator Q&A Jul 03, 2015
• Aer Lingus' Nine-Year Struggle with Ryanair Culminates in a Notable Series of Judgments and Clearances Over a 29-Hour Period Oct 02, 2015 (Also at Washington, D.C. Office)