Christian Foote practices in the areas of litigation and administrative law. Mr. Foote has substantial experience with complex commercial litigation at the trial and appellate level, with an emphasis on banking, consumer financial services and environmental matters. Mr. Foote represents national banks, mortgage lenders, credit card issuers and specialty lenders in a wide variety of individual and class actions. Mr. Foote's environmental law experience includes litigating cases at the trial and appellate level arising under CERCLA and RCRA as well as various state environmental laws. He also represents businesses in proceedings before the California and federal EPA.
Mr. Foote is a 2005 graduate of Washington and Lee University School of Law and a 2000 graduate of the University of California, Berkeley (B.A., Economics). He is active in the community with The Guardsmen, a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to helping Bay Area underprivileged youth. He lives with his wife and kids in San Francisco.
· Obtained on behalf of U.S. Bancorp and U.S. Bank National Association, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, a dismissal with prejudice of a high exposure breach of contract, negligence and commercial code violation case.
· Obtained a settlement on behalf of NEC Corporation and four of its Japanese and U.S. affiliates in MDL antitrust litigation in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California concerning an alleged global price-fixing conspiracy in the LCD flat panel and finished products markets.
· Obtained on behalf of Capital One, N.A., in the United States District Court for the Central District of California, a dismissal with prejudice of a high exposure lawsuit in connection with a failed construction project located in Los Angeles, California.
Areas of Practice
· Complex Commercial Litigation
· Consumer Lending Litigation
· Banking and Consumer Financial Services
· Environmental and Natural Resources
· Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2008-present
· Murphy, Pearson, Bradley & Feeney
- Litigation Associate, 2005-2008
· U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division
- Law Clerk, Summer 2004