- Public Finance
- Health Law
- Health Care
- Financial Services
|Contact Info||Telephone: 617.348.1769|
|University ||College of the Holy Cross, B.A., cum laude, 1992; University of Massachusetts, M.P.A., 1995|
|Law School||Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2000|
|Admitted||2000, Maine; 2001, Massachusetts|
Christie counsels government entities and 501(c)(3) organizations as well as investment bankers and banks in connection with the tax-exempt financing of projects for public and nonprofit organizations. Her practice focuses on municipal finance-related federal tax law relevant to the issuance of general obligation bonds, qualified 501(c)(3) private activity bonds, exempt facility bonds, tax revenue anticipation, and other working capital bonds and tax credit bonds.
Christie often acts as counsel to issuers and borrowers in connection with IRS bond examinations and the IRS voluntary closing agreement program. She also works with borrowers and issuers to develop written post-issuance compliance procedures. In addition, Christie currently serves as editor-in-chief of the Federal Taxation of Municipal Bonds Deskbook, published by the National Association of Bond Lawyers.
• Bond counsel to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts with respect to the development and utilization of its commercial paper financing program
• Bond counsel to the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency in connection with bonds and notes issued for the financing of various capital projects for Harvard University
• Bond counsel to the Vermont Economic Development Authority with respect to its tax-exempt commercial paper program
• Bond counsel to the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency with respect to bonds issued for Partners HealthCare System, Inc.
Recognitions & Awards
• Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
• Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
• Member, Maine Bar Association
• Mintz Levin Adds Christie Lombard Martin to Public Finance Practice, (05.04.2015)
|Reported Cases||Representative Matters: Bond counsel to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; Bond counsel to the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency in connection with bonds and notes issued for the financing of various capital projects for institutions of higher education and hospitals; Bond counsel to Partners HealthCare System, Inc. with respect to bonds issued by the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency|
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
IRS Revamps Proposed Issue Price Definition for Municipal Bonds
Christie L. Martin,Maxwell D. Solet, June 25, 2015
Treasury and IRS today announced a decision to withdraw the much-criticized portion of the notice of proposed rulemaking published in the Federal Register on September 16, 2013 (the “2013 Proposed Regulations”) related to the definition of issue price for tax-advantaged obligations and...
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,217 in weekly profile views out of 20,335 lawyers in Boston, Massachusetts|
|#93,313 in weekly profile views out of 1,733,488 total lawyers Overall|