Christopher B. Yeh litigates complex business and intellectual property disputes in both state and federal court, utilizing his broad experience in commercial, contract, intellectual property and insurance law. Mr. Yeh has litigated contract, business tort, unfair competition, patent, trade secret, cyberlaw and appellate matters for several Fortune 500 companies. Mr. Yeh also advises technology start-ups on contract, corporate and intellectual property matters.
Mr. Yeh is a 2008 graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, where he was an editor for the California Law Review, articles editor and publishing editor for the Berkeley Technology Law Journal and a member of the Asian American Law Journal. He also served as co-chair of the Asian Pacific American Law Student Association. Mr. Yeh is a summa cum laude graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
· Obtained decision from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit affirming a district court's decision to remand client excess liability insurer's declaratory judgment action to state court, and to dismiss the insured's federal action against the insurer, pursuant to the Colorado River doctrine. R.R. Street & Co. Inc. v. Transport Ins. Co., 656 F.3d. 966 (9th Cir. 2011).
· Obtained decision and award for small business owners on claims of fraud and defalcation, after a trial in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California. Mr. Yeh represented the clients pro bono and served as lead trial counsel.
· Counsel for insurers at the trial and appellate level in multimillion-dollar complex coverage claims arising from underlying environmental contamination and bodily injury actions.
· Counsel for leading bicycle manufacturer in patent and contract litigation regarding bicycle suspension technology.
· Counsel for medical implant device manufacturer in complex state and national litigation involving products liability claims.
· Represents and advises start-up mobile banking company on intellectual property and contract matters.
· Represented a foreign governmental entity against claims of trade secret misappropriation, fraud and breach of contract. This case involved complex international law and sovereign immunity issues.
· Obtained settlement on behalf of a leading computer device manufacturer against claims of patent infringement concerning remote control interfaces.
· Assisted major U.S. internet security company with cybercrime investigation and enforcement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act against entities engaged in illegal online file sharing.
· Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2010-present
· Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Associate, 2008-2010
· Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles
· Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area
· Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association
· Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Northern California Chapter
· "Wall Data Inc. v. Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department: License vs. Sale at the Crossroads of Contract and Copyright," 22 Berkeley Tech. L.J. 355, 2007
Selected Speaking Engagements
· Presenter, "A Primer on Computer Trespass Law," MCLE presentation on the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and California Penal Code § 502, Duane Morris IP Practice Group Meeting, February 21, 2014
· Panelist, Duane Morris Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, October 2013
· Panelist, Duane Morris Annual Meeting, Boca Raton, Florida, October 2012
(Also at Los Angeles Office)