Christopher McHardy* is a partner in the Vancouver Labour & Employment Group. He advises employers on a broad range of issues relating to labour, employment, human rights, privacy and immigration law. His experience includes:
· advising US clients on labour, employment, privacy and immigration laws in connection with establishing business operations in British Columbia;
· advising employers on, and preparing and negotiating, employment and consulting agreements, restrictive covenants; workplace policies, employee handbooks and other employment-related documents;
· advising on labour and employment issues in corporate mergers, acquisitions and outsourcing;
· advising employers on union certification drives and applications, decertification applications, unfair labour practices and collective bargaining; and representing employers in collective bargaining;
· defending employers against employee claims in provincial and superior courts, the Human Rights Tribunal, the Employment Standards Tribunal, the Labour Relations Board, labour arbitration boards, the Workers' Compensation Board and its Appeal Tribunal, the Privacy Commissioner and other administrative bodies;
· representing employers in mediation and other alternative dispute resolution processes;
· advising employers on human resource management practices, privacy laws, union avoidance, and employee hiring, layoffs and terminations; and
· advising and assisting organizations and individuals with immigration matters, particularly work permits, Provincial Nominee Program applications and permanent residence.
Mr. McHardy appears in the 2012 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, a guide to the leading law firms and practitioners in Canada, as a leading lawyer in the area of workplace human rights.
Mr. McHardy received his B.Comm. (1997 Honours) and his LLB (2000) from the University of British Columbia. Mr. McHardy has focused his practice on labour and employment matters since his call to the BC bar in 2001.
*denotes Law Corporation
(Also at Vancouver, British Columbia Office)