Cindy Davis focuses her practice on representing domestic and international banks, finance companies, hedge funds, private equity sponsors and corporate borrowers in complex financing transactions. She frequently represents lead arrangers and agents in structuring and underwriting syndicated loan transactions. Her typical transactions include U.S. and international asset-based and cash-flow secured and unsecured credit facilities, acquisition financings and other leveraged buyouts, and first and second lien credit facilities. Cindy also has particular experience in structuring complex credit transactions, including those involving multicurrency facilities and cross-border lending arrangements. Cindy's finance practice ranges from middle-market club deals to multibillion-dollar investment-grade widely syndicated credit facilities. She has represented clients on financings in virtually every type of industry, including food and agribusiness, retail, health care, media/telecom and gaming.
Areas of Concentration
· Asset-based and cash flow financings
· Acquisition financings, including leveraged buyouts, leveraged recapitalizations and going-private transactions
· Cross-border lending arrangements and multi-currency credit facilities
· First and second lien loans and unitranche facilities
· Loan syndications
· Investment grade bank and non-investment grade credit facilities
· Debtor-in-possession financings and exit financings
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, Zoo Atlanta, Leadership Council, 2012-2013
· Board Member, Atlanta Contemporary Art Center, Board of Directors, 2000-2007
· Member, State Bar of Georgia, Business Law Section
· Member, The Florida Bar
· Past President, The Women's Finance Exchange, Atlanta Chapter
Awards & Recognition
· Member, Winning Team, U.S. News - Best Lawyers "Law Firm of the Year" in Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency & Reorganization Law and Litigation - Bankruptcy, 2013
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2007-2013
· Listed, Georgia Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," 2010 and 2012
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Georgia Super Lawyers, 2007 and 2013
- "Rising Star," 2005
· Named, "Legal Dealmaker," Atlanta Business Chronicle
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represented the administrative agent and lead arranger in the U.S. equivalent of approximately $850 million syndicated senior secured multicurrency cross-border credit facilities to a sugar processing and manufacturing company and certain of its subsidiaries in the U.S., Canada, Luxembourg, and the United Kingdom.
· Represented an investment vehicle of Brentwood Associates, as borrower, in connection with senior secured and mezzanine financings, the proceeds of which were used to finance the acquisition of Soft Surroundings, a direct marketer and specialty retailer of branded apparel, accessories, beauty products and home furnishings.
· Represented the administrative agent and lead arranger in a $500 million syndicated senior secured cross-border credit facility to a fresh fruit producer and certain of its U.S. and non-U.S. subsidiaries (including subsidiaries in the UK, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Costa Rica, Gibraltar, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Liberia, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, Cayman Islands, Chile, Japan and Panama).
· Represented the Mexico representative office of an international bank, as administrative agent and lead arranger, in $250 million multi-currency senior secured credit facility provided by syndicate of U.S. and Mexican financial institutions to a leading sugar producer and soft drink bottler in Mexico.
· Represented the administrative agent and arranger in connection with $1.75 billion cross-border senior credit facilities to certain subsidiaries of a UK equipment rental company.
· Represented the administrative agent, collateral agent and lead arranger in a $250 million syndicated asset-based credit facility to a leading retail and wholesale supplier of crop protection products, fertilizer, seed and related products.
· Represented the gaming authority subsidiary of an Indian tribe, as borrower, in connection with $200 million Senior Secured Credit Facilities used to finance its gaming and casino operations.
· Represented a national finance company in connection with a $30 million enterprise value first lien revolving credit facility to a large restaurant franchisee owned by a private equity sponsor.
· Represented an international bank, as administrative agent and arranger, in a €200 million Euro term loan to a Swiss subsidiary of a global manufacturer of agricultural equipment.
· Represented the administrative agent and lead arranger in a $1 billion syndicated senior secured credit facility to a leading poultry and agricultural company and certain of its subsidiaries.
· Acted as special finance counsel for a publicly traded leading global consumer products company and certain of its Luxembourg subsidiaries, as borrowers, in a $1.275 billion senior secured multi-currency credit facility provided by Barclays Bank PLC, as administrative agent and lead arranger, and a syndicate of other financial institutions.
· Represented the lender finance division of a national finance company in connection with a $100 million asset-based revolving credit facility to a start-up investment partnership formed to make hard money real estate loans to commercial real estate investors and developers.
· Represented the administrative agent and lead arranger in a $1 billion multi-currency senior unsecured investment grade cross-border credit facility to a global manufacturer of agricultural equipment and certain of its U.S., UK and Dutch subsidiaries.
· Represented the administrative agent and lead arranger in connection with $202.9 million first lien, second lien and subordinated credit facilities used to finance the acquisition of a U.S. coffee manufacturer by an international company.
· Represented a public retail marketer of natural gas and electricity, as borrower, in connection with a $50 million credit facility provided by a national bank.
· Represented an international bank providing a credit facility being used to finance the start-up of a quick service restaurant franchise joint venture in Russia.
· Represented Irish investment subsidiary of global bank as sole lender in $200 million unsecured Russian ruble term loan to Russian subsidiary of global confection company.
· Represented a national finance company, as agent, in connection with $67.5 million of senior credit facilities provided to a national restaurant chain.
° Some of the above representations were handled by Ms. Davis prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Presenter, "Syndicated Loan Transactions- Recent Developments," Secured Lending Seminar, Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia, 2013
· Featured, "Voice of Experience: Cindy Davis, Shareholder, Financial Institutions Group, Greenberg Traurig," The Glass Hammer, September 24, 2012
· Instructor, Commercial Finance Association Workouts and Bankruptcy Workshop, 2006 and 2009
· Moderator, "Borrowers without Borders: A View From All Sides on Cross-Border Syndications," Thomson Reuters LPC "Gold Sheets" Loan Conference
· Instructor, Commercial Finance Association Loan Documentation Workshop, 2004