Claude C. Wild III is Of Counsel in the firms Advertising, Marketing, Sweepstakes & Promotions Law practice, and is based in the Denver office. Mr. Wild offers his clients decades of experience in advising food, dietary supplement, advertising and marketing companies in state and federal regulatory matters, governmental investigations and litigation. He also provides strategic business counseling involving e-commerce and internet promotion.
As former Regional Director of the Denver Office of the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Mr. Wild regularly counsels clients facing regulatory investigations, including FTC and the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice as well as state attorneys general in connection with mergers, acquisitions and joint venture reviews. Mr. Wild also reviews advertising campaigns for compliance with regulatory requirements and represents clients in proceedings before the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus. He also serves as spokesperson for consumer and business education, both nationally and internationally.
During his time at the FTC, Mr. Wild was a central player in the enforcement and administration of federal consumer protection and antitrust law and regulations throughout an eight-state area. Mr. Wild was responsible for several merger investigations and litigation, as well as a wide variety of antitrust and trade regulation and matters, including advertising, franchising, and funeral industry issues. He also handled agency relations with attorneys general and other government officials.
Mr. Wild is a public speaker and lecturer and has made numerous appearances as a commentator on consumer issues for national radio and television talk shows.
Areas of Concentration
· Defending FTC and state attorney general investigations
· Advertising and promotion law
· Food and drug law
· Hart-Scott-Rodino Premerger Notification
· Administrative and regulatory law
Professional & Community Involvement
· Board of Directors, Women's Bean Project (2012-Present)
· Chairman, Antitrust and Commercial Litigation Subsection, Business Law Section, Colorado Bar Association (2005-2013)
· Member, American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Advertising Law, 2008-2014
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Colorado Super Lawyers, 2006
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Presenter, "Top Ten Mistakes Companies Make in Online Advertising," CLE, May 2012
· Speaker, "Antitrust Update," 7th Annual Business Law Institute, Colorado Bar Association Business Law Section and the Colorado Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel America, August 11, 2006
· Speaker, "Top 10 Advertising Mistakes Clients Make," 5th Annual Business Law Institute, Colorado Bar Association Business Law Section and the Colorado Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel America, October 29, 2004
· Speaker, "What To Do If the FTC or State AG Comes to Call," Green Lights and Red Flags: FTC Rules of the Road for Advertisers, Federal Trade Commission and Colorado Bar Association CLE, July 22, 2004