Ms. Gordon is an associate in the firm's Energy and Natural Resources Law and Business Law sections. Her practice in energy focuses on oil and gas acquisitions and divestitures, energy-related contract drafting, onshore and offshore title examination, and pipeline issues. Additionally, Ms. Gordon's practice includes compliance with the Hart Scott Rodino Act and national security reviews conducted by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States under the Exon-Florio Act. Ms. Gordon also concentrates on real estate transactions, corporate and business matters and commercial lending.
Representative matters include:
· Engaged as appellate counsel after an adverse judgment in a Louisiana district court, secured a reversal by the Louisiana Supreme Court of a multi-million dollar statutory damages judgment entered against an oil and gas operator arising from allegations that a concursus had been improperly filed. Cimarex Energy Co. v. Mauboules, 2009-1170, (La. 4/9/10), 40 So. 3d 931.
· Examined title to mineral rights in the Haynesville Shale area and provided advice regarding curative materials.
· Provided guidance to clients regarding Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement (BOEMRE) filing requirements for acquisition of offshore assets.
· Performed due diligence on large acquisition of offshore oil and gas leases.
· Advised pipeline company on negotiating pipeline rights-of-way and servitudes, including expropriation rights under Louisiana law.
· Successfully acquired regulatory approval from the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act for the sale of offshore assets.
· Successfully acquired regulatory approval from the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States under the Exon-Florio Act in connection with the sale of oil and gas assets to domestic subsidiary of a foreign controlled entity.
· Represented seller in billion-dollar offshore asset divestiture.
Honors & Affiliations:
· New Orleans (Young Lawyers Section), Louisiana and American Bar Associations - Member
· Professional Landmen's Association of New Orleans - Member, Board of Directors, 2010 to date; Education Committee, 2008 to date
· American Association of Professional Landmen - Member
· Houston Association of Professional Landmen - Member
· The Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation - Member
· Young Professionals in Energy, New Orleans Chapter - Member
· Women's Energy Network-Southeast Louisiana Chapter - Member
· Named a "Rising Star" in the 2013 Edition of Louisiana Super Lawyers
· "Offshore Update: Permitting and Regulatory Changes," Louisiana Association of Professional Landmen Spring 2011 Educational Seminar, Lafayette, Louisiana, 2011
· "Select OCS Title Issues," co-presenter, Professional Landman's Association of New Orleans Executive Night Seminar, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2011
· "Ethics," Liskow & Lewis Louisiana Mineral Law Seminar, Houston, Texas, 2008
· "The Environmental Impact of Drilling," New Orleans Garden Study Club, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2008
· "An Introduction to Ethics for Landmen," Liskow & Lewis Louisiana Mineral Law Seminar, Lafayette, Louisiana, 2008
· ABA Environment, Energy, and Resources Law: The Year in Review, Louisiana Report Contributor (2007-2010)
· Going, Going, But Not Quite Gone: Court Upholds Enforceability of Consent to Assign Provision as Condition Precedent to Sale AAPL Landman 2, vol. 6 no. 5, September 2008
· Around the Corner But Still Out-of-State? Whether National Banks' Branches Destroy Diversity Jurisdiction, 52 Loy. L. Rev. 195 (2005)