Practice/Industry Group Overview
From small start-ups with just a few employees to giant manufacturers with thousands of people on the payroll, the Employment Law Practice Group assists clients with a variety of day-to-day personnel and workplace issues, including:
- Allegations of discrimination and harassment under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII, the Age Discrimination and Employment Act, and other anti-discrimination statutes
- Assisting and advising clients in Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Department of Labor investigations and charges
- Claims of unpaid overtime and wages under the Fair Labor Standards Act and North Carolina Wage and Hour Act
- Drafting, review, and negotiation of contractual agreements between employers and employees, such as non-compete agreements and non-solicitation agreements
- Due diligence reviews of employer policies, procedures, and other handbooks to ensure that employers are complying with state and federal employment laws
- Trainings and seminars for clients to assist with risk management and mitigation
We’ll work tirelessly and proactively to help you avoid litigation. In the event that a claim is filed against your company, we can assist you regardless of the forum. Our team of lawyers has experience representing clients in front of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, United States Department of Labor, North Carolina Department of Labor, and North Carolina Office of Administrative Hearings. If the matter cannot be resolved in one of these forums and a lawsuit is ultimately filed, you’ll have aggressive and experienced advocates on your side during the entire litigation process. We continuously represent clients in front of the federal and state courts of North Carolina and we will zealously work to defend your best interests, whether that means conducting discovery, taking depositions, filing dispositive motions, taking your case to trial, or resolving it through negotiations or mediation.
The group is led by chair Patrick Flanagan and includes a team of highly accomplished lawyers who are committed to delivering the highest quality legal service. They’ve earned an excellent reputation among employers across North Carolina by:
- Being accessible and responsive to client needs
- Always keeping clients informed
- Knowing and understanding each individual workplace
- Watching budgets closely
- Providing excellent client service and value
The Employment Law Practice Group covers all of North Carolina from our offices in Charlotte, Raleigh, and Wilmington.