- Corporate and Securities
- Alternative and Renewable Energy
- Tax Credits
- Tax Credit Bonds
- Public Finance
- General Governmental
- Water and Wastewater Utilities
- Stadiums and Arenas
- Governmental Facilities, Buildings and Infrastructure
- Hotels and Convention Centers
- Redevelopment and Urban Renewal
- Working Capital
- Higher Education
- Bond Counsel
- Borrower's Counsel
- Disclosure Counsel
- Issuer's Counsel
- Underwriter's Counsel
- General Obligation
- Lease-Purchase and Certificates of Participation
- Letters of Credit and Liquidity Facilities
- Revenue Bonds
- Tax-Increment Financing
- Charitable Organizations / 501c-3
- Credit Enhancement
- Industrial Development Revenue Bonds
- State Tax and Spending Limitations
- Derivatives and Investment Products
- Secondary Markets
- Energy Finance
- Electric Utilities, Generation and Transmission
- Health Care Finance
- K-12 Education
- Public Schools
- New Money and Refunding Financings
- Post-Issuance Compliance
- Ports, Docks and Wharves
|University ||Cornell University, A.B., cum laude/with Distinction, 1972|
|Law School||University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1978|
|Admitted||1978, Nebraska; 2011, Minnesota|
Memberships and Affiliations
National Association of Bond Lawyers
|Military||With U.S. Army, 1972-1975|
|Born||Ithaca, New York, August 16, 1950|
Mr. Christensen has experience in the provision of bond counsel and underwriter's counsel services in connection with (i) state, county and local governmental (including school district, special district and special authority) general, special obligation and revenue bonds and (ii) Section 501(c)(3) higher education, public facility and hospital revenue bonds, airport revenue bonds and for-profit corporation private activity bonds, including investor-owned utility, exempt facility (e.g., dock and wharf, water furnishing, sewage and solid waste disposal and electric and gas local furnishing) and manufacturing small-issue transactions.
• Serving as bond counsel to a multi-state electric, water and gas investor-owned utility, in conjunction with the sale by that utility of its utility assets, financed by dozens of tax-exempt bond issues, and the assumption by the purchaser of certain of the tax-exempt obligations. This multi-year assignment required coordination of the selling and buying utilities, numerous issuing authorities, bond trustees, underwriters and other parties to supplement financing documents and obtain bondholder consents.
• Serving as public finance general advice counsel to state governments, including preparation and review of finance-related legislation and assistance with matters concerning outstanding bond issues of the states.
• Serving as bond counsel to a city in conjunction with the structuring and issuance of general obligation bonds for an arena and convention center, including the preparation with the city of enabling legislation and the organization of a special purpose 501(c)(3) corporation to construct and operate the project on behalf of the city.
• Serving as national bond counsel to four major United States corporations, including serving as bond counsel for dozens of tax-exempt new money and refunding bond issues throughout the United States. Among the bond issues were multi-issuer composite transactions involving as many as 11 separate bond issues.
• Serving as bond counsel to a state in conjunction with the development and implementation of the state's master lease program for the tax-exempt lease-purchase certificate of participation financing of equipment and other capital property.
• Serving as bond counsel to a public airport authority, including the analysis, structuring and negotiating of the first Refunding Escrow Deposits (REDs) transaction for the purpose of achieving interest cost savings emulating those of an advance refunding in a situation that did not legally permit a true advance refunding.
November 15, 2010 Bond Buyer Includes Kutak Rock As Deal Finalists
July 28, 2010 Dodd-Frank's Effects on Municipal Securities
May 20, 2013 SEC Addresses Potential Liability of Public Officials With Regard to Secondary Market Disclosure Obligations
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#280 in weekly profile views out of 3,356 lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska|
|#129,265 in weekly profile views out of 1,568,853 total lawyers Overall|