R. Daniel Boyce is a civil and criminal trial attorney with nearly three decades of experience representing clients in a number of civil, criminal and regulatory matters across a broad spectrum of industries. He is Board Certified as a specialist in state and federal criminal law by the North Carolina State Board of Legal Specialization. He His civil trial practice includes:
· Representation of individuals and businesses before administrative, licensing, disciplinary and grievance boards including those handling medical, dental, nursing, legal, accounting, real estate, contractor, appraisal, law enforcement, and respiratory, massage and speech therapy
· Corporate, partnership and business disputes
· Corporate and business fraud, including unfair and deceptive trade practices
· Corporate internal investigations detecting employee malfeasance including fraud and embezzlement
· Class action lawsuits involving tax, federal contracts and constitutional issues
His criminal trial practice includes:
· Federal grand jury investigations
· Bank, wire and mail fraud
· Health care fraud (including Medicare/Medicaid)
· Environmental issues
· Money laundering and tax matters
· Conflicts of interest
· Political corruption
Mr. Boyce has worked as a Federal Prosecutor (Assistant U.S. Attorney for Eastern District of North Carolina) where he earned numerous commendations and awards including the U.S. Department of Justice Special Achievement Award in recognition of Sustained Superior Performance of Duties. He was a licensed private investigator in North Carolina and gained experience conducting corporate internal investigations. He continues to provide legal services assisting companies in detecing fraud, embezzlement and other internal misconduct, responding to grand jury subpoenas and Federal investigators and Corporate crisis management.
Additionally, Mr. Boyce served as Special Counsel to the North Carolina House of Representatives Ethics Committee for Investigation of Unethical Conduct by a State Legislator and as Special Counsel to the U.S. Department of Agriculture in Administrative Proceedings involving the tobacco industry in four states. In 2000, he was the Republican candidate for North Carolina State Attorney General.
Mr. Boyce is the past president of the Wake County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, and has been a board member for a range of local and state organizations, including the North Carolina State Bar, Criminal Section.
· Board Certified Specialist in State and Federal Criminal Law, North Carolina State Board of Legal Specialization
· Assistant U.S. Attorney (1987-1994)
· Former Licensed Private Investigator, State of North Carolina
· Wake County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division - Past President; Board of Directors
· North Carolina State Bar, Criminal Section - previously serving on The Board of Directors
· Listed in North Carolina Super Lawyers from 2007-2012
· Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Non-White-Collar Criminal Defense, White-Collar Criminal Defense and Civil Litigation Defense from 2007-2011
77 Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named to the 2014 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce that 77 attorneys have been named to Best Lawyers in America for 2014.
Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Recognized by N.C. Peers; 14 Named to 2013 Super Lawyers® Lists
Fourteen Nexsen Pruet attorneys have been named "Super Lawyers" in North Carolina.
Dan Boyce and Grainger Pierce Profiled Following "Leadership in Law" Event
Attorneys Dan Boyce and Grainger Pierce are profiled by North Carolina Lawyers Weekly for their 2012 "Leaders in the Law" designations.
Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named to the 2013 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
Nexsen Pruet attorneys have been named to the Best Lawyers in America® list for 2013.
Dan Boyce and Grainger Pierce to Receive "Leaders in the Law" Awards
North Carolina Lawyers Weekly has named Nexsen Pruet attorneys, Dan Boyce and Grainger Pierce, to their 2012 list of "Leaders in the Law."
Nexsen Pruet Expands Environmental & Litigation Practices; Charlie Carter & Alex Williams Join Raleigh Office
Nexsen Pruet announced today that two attorneys have joined its Raleigh office. Charlie Carter joins the firm as a Member (partner) and brings more than three decades of experience in environmental, administrative, and regulatory law. Alex Williams joins the firm as a staff attorney and works closely with former Federal Prosecutor Dan Boyce.
"Former prosecutor: Edwards jury could deliberate for days"
As a jury begins deliberations in the trail against John Edwards, WRAL Television calls on Nexsen Pruet attorney Dan Boyce for insight into how juries reach decisions.
(Video) Wrapping Gifts in Raleigh for Charity
Nexsen Pruet attorneys and staff adopted families through the Junior League's Angel Tree program in Raleigh.
"Edwards attempts to dismiss charges against him"
NBC's The Today Show called on Nexsen Pruet attorney Dan Boyce for legal insight into the latest round of proceedings related to the Federal Government's case against former presidential candidate John Edwards.
62 Attorneys Named to the 2012 Edition of Best Lawyers®
Nexsen Pruet is proud to announce that 62 of its attorneys have been named to the 2012 edition of Best Lawyers®.
Nexsen Pruet Expands Health Care Practice in Raleigh
Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce the expansion of its Health Care practice in Raleigh with moves by attorneys Frank Kirschbaum and Joe Kahn. Kirschbaum is a new addition to Nexsen Pruet's roster, while Kahn recently relocated to North Carolina's Capital City from the firm's Greensboro office.
"Raleigh attorney Boyce says Edwards indictment 'is a strong, strong case"
Following news that former Vice Presidential John Edwards had been indicted on charges of violating federal election law, Raleigh media outlets called on Nexsen Pruet attorney Dan Boyce.
Dan Boyce Shares Legal Insight with NBC's The Today Show and WRAL
Following news that the case against former Vice Presidential John Edwards will soon be headed to a Federal Grand Jury, media outlets called on Nexsen Pruet attorney Dan Boyce for insight into how such cases are handled.
Media Reports about Firm's Expansion in Raleigh
Regional and national media outlets report on Nexsen Pruet's hiring of a Former Chief Justice and verteran Raleigh attorneys.
Former Chief Justice & Veteran Raleigh Attorneys Join Nexsen Pruet
The hiring of the Honorable I. Beverly Lake (Chief Justice, NC Supreme Court, Retired), G. Eugene "Gene" Boyce, R. Daniel "Dan" Boyce and Robin K. Vinson reinforces the firm's regional growth strategy and strengthens its litigation practice in the Triangle.
Civic & Professional Membership
· Wake County Bar Association - including service on Board of Directors, Criminal Law Specialty Committee
· North Carolina State Bar, Criminal Section
· Wake County Academy of Trial Lawyers
· Julia Ellen Crump Foundation - President
· Tammy Lynn Center - Board of Directors