- Nonprofit Organizations
|University ||Georgetown University, B.S.F.S., 1981|
|Law School||Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 1984|
|Admitted||1984, Ohio; 1986, California; United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio; United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit|
· Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
· Ohio State Bar Association
· State Bar of California
· Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
· 2013 Recipient, Beaumont Award, Beaumont School's highest honor recognizing those who have contributed time, effort and support to the Beaumont community, school, faculty and students.
· "The William R. Joseph Role of the Board," Business Volunteers Unlimited (BVU): The Center for Nonprofit Excellence - October 2009; 2012 - present
· Commercial Leasing, Ohio CLE Institute
· Risk Management for Nonprofits
· Director, Volunteers of America
· Director, The El Salvador Sustainable Economy Mission
· Former Member, Board of Directors; Former Chair, Development Committee, Beaumont School
· Former Member, Board of Directors, Northcoast Community Homes
· Former Director and Secretary, Shaker Family Center
· Volunteer, Malachi House
· Spanish Translator for U.S. Medical Teams in El Salvador
· $10 million plus acquisition of commercial parcels, construction of manufacturing and warehouse facility and complex leasing arrangements in a build-to-suit leasehold transaction.
· Lender representation with regard to financial restructuring for a hotel property, deed in lieu of foreclosure with subsequent sale to a new owner.
· $7-8 million construction loan and permanent financing for acquisition and construction of church property.
· Multimillion dollar loan transaction with security including assignment of rights in numerous commercial promissory notes secured by real property, pledge of stock in a resort development company, collateral assignments of life insurance policies and traditional mortgages.
· Borrower representation in successfully preventing imposition of a receivership thus facilitating private sale of apartment building to the greater benefit of all creditors and the borrower.
· Multimillion dollar sale of well known recording industry label.
· Eight way merger of regional nonprofit land conservancies.
· $17 million acquisition/consolidation of regional social service nonprofit corporation.
- 2012 - Enforcing Employee Noncompetes Post-Merger
- 2009 - NONPROFIT MERGERS - NOT JUST APPROPRIATE IN TIMES OF FUNDING DIFFICULTY
· Real Estate
- 2012 - Potentially Costly Real Estate Scams Continue
- 2012 - Assuring Your Employees' Noncompete Still Applies Post-Merger
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#39 in weekly profile views out of 7,640 lawyers in Cleveland, Ohio|
|#6,653 in weekly profile views out of 1,484,634 total lawyers Overall|