- Nonprofit Organizations
|University ||Georgetown University, B.S.F.S., 1981|
|Law School||Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 1984|
|Admitted||1984, Ohio; 1986, California; United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio; United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit|
|Born||April 12, 1959|
· Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
· Ohio State Bar Association
· State Bar of California
· Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
· 2013 Recipient, Beaumont Award, Beaumont School's highest honor recognizing those who have contributed time, effort and support to the Beaumont community, school, faculty and students.
· "The William R. Joseph Role of the Board," Business Volunteers Unlimited (BVU): The Center for Nonprofit Excellence - October 2009; 2012 - present
· Commercial Leasing, Ohio CLE Institute
· Risk Management for Nonprofits
· Director, Volunteers of America
· Director, The El Salvador Sustainable Economy Mission
· Former Member, Board of Directors; Former Chair, Development Committee, Beaumont School
· Former Member, Board of Directors, Northcoast Community Homes
· Former Director and Secretary, Shaker Family Center
· Volunteer, Malachi House
· Spanish Translator for U.S. Medical Teams in El Salvador
· $10 million plus acquisition of commercial parcels, construction of manufacturing and warehouse facility and complex leasing arrangements in a build-to-suit leasehold transaction.
· Lender representation with regard to financial restructuring for a hotel property, deed in lieu of foreclosure with subsequent sale to a new owner.
· $7-8 million construction loan and permanent financing for acquisition and construction of church property.
· Multimillion dollar loan transaction with security including assignment of rights in numerous commercial promissory notes secured by real property, pledge of stock in a resort development company, collateral assignments of life insurance policies and traditional mortgages.
· Borrower representation in successfully preventing imposition of a receivership thus facilitating private sale of apartment building to the greater benefit of all creditors and the borrower.
· Multimillion dollar sale of well known recording industry label.
· Eight way merger of regional nonprofit land conservancies.
· $17 million acquisition/consolidation of regional social service nonprofit corporation.
- 2012 - Enforcing Employee Noncompetes Post-Merger
- 2009 - NONPROFIT MERGERS - NOT JUST APPROPRIATE IN TIMES OF FUNDING DIFFICULTY
- 2011 - Company Policy and Lawsuit Related Evidence in the Electronic World: Traps for the Unwary
- 2012 - Application for Property Tax Reduction Due March 31
· Real Estate
- 2012 - Potentially Costly Real Estate Scams Continue
- 2012 - Ohio State Tax Amnesty Program Available May 1 - June 15
- 2012 - Assuring Your Employees' Noncompete Still Applies Post-Merger
- 2012 - Temporary Homeless Housing Exempt from Ohio Landlord Tenant Act
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Enforcing Employee Noncompete Agreements Post-Merger
Dana A. Rose, November 2, 2012
In June, 2012, the Ohio Supreme Court ruled that if a noncompete agreement of a company and its employee fails to contain language indicating it will apply to successors and assigns, that employee can leave and compete against the company into which his original employing company ultimately merges.
Temporary Homeless Housing Exempt from Ohio Landlord Tenant Act
Dana A. Rose, August 31, 2012
The Ohio Landlord Tenant Act generally applies to landlords and tenants in connection with residential housing and apartment units. Generally, the Landlord Tenant Act provides additional protection to tenants intended to prevent landlords from taking unfair legal advantage. In a recent Court of...
Assuring Your Employees' Noncompete Still Applies Post-Merger
Dana A. Rose, June 18, 2012
In a close 43 vote, the Ohio Supreme Court has ruled that if a noncompete agreement of a company and its employee fails to contain language indicating it will apply to successors and assigns, that employee can leave and compete against the company into which his original employing company...
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#635 in weekly profile views out of 7,865 lawyers in Cleveland, Ohio|
|#150,955 in weekly profile views out of 1,481,274 total lawyers Overall|