|University ||Middlebury College, B.A., cum laude, 1974|
|Law School||Southern Methodist University Law School, J.D., 1980; Boston University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 1986|
|Admitted||1980, Rhode Island; 1986, Florida|
|Born||Providence, Rhode Island, May 5, 1952|
Dana counsels private clients on all aspects of wealth transfer by lifetime gift and death-time bequest, including gift, estate and generation-skipping taxes.
· Advising residents of high-tax states on changing residency to Florida, including homestead and exempt property considerations.
· Planning and administering complex estates and trusts, including those of non-citizens residing in the U.S.
· Charitable planning with private foundations designed to encourage shared family giving.
· Estate planning for clients with substantial retirement benefits.
· Reforming irrevocable trusts.
· Advising surviving spouses on Florida Elective Share rights.
Before Edwards Wildman
Dana was raised in Rhode Island. After law school he worked in the trust division of a Providence bank, and joined the Firm in 1985.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Dana's outside interests include reading (especially history and biography), recorded classical music, travel photography and hiking with his wife, attorney Joyce Elden.
He is a Past President of The Palm Beach County Literacy Coalition, and a past member of the Palm Beach County Cultural Council.
(Also at Providence, Rhode Island Office)
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#87 in weekly profile views out of 2,485 lawyers in West Palm Beach, Florida|
|#42,189 in weekly profile views out of 1,510,377 total lawyers Overall|