Mr. Wolcott practices primarily in the area of civil litigation in construction and commercial cases. In his construction practice, Dan's experience includes representing owners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors and professionals in all aspects of the construction process, in litigation, including mechanics liens, and alternative dispute resolution such as arbitration and mediation. In addition, he consults with clients concerning the drafting of construction contracts regarding various types of projects.
Dan has been one of two Delaware Code Revisors since 1978. Code Revisors are appointed by the Governor and are responsible for overseeing revisions to the Delaware Code in conformance with newly enacted legislation.
Prior to joining the firm, Dan served as Deputy Attorney General for the State of Delaware. He has also served as City Solicitor for the City of New Castle, Delaware, from 1974-1985 and 1997-1999.
Dan has been a lecturer on construction law since 1994. His speaking engagements include:
· Construction Law... What To Do When, Lorman Education Services, April 20, 2006
· Resolving Problems & Disputes, National Business Institute, April 6, 2006
· Construction Management/Design-Build, Lorman Education Services, Feb. 15, 2006
· Advanced Construction Law, National Business Institute, Dec. 6, 2002
· Construction Law, National Business Institute, Sept. 25, 2002
· Construction Management, Lorman Education Services, April 10, 2001
Dan serves as the firm's Administrative Partner.
Professional Activities & Honors
Received an AV® rating in Martindale-Hubbell's peer review certification
Delaware State Bar Association
American Bar Association; Litigation Section, Committee on Construction Litigation; Forum on the Construction Industry
Member, Board on Professional Responsibility
Board of Trustees, University of Delaware Library Associates (former President)
Board of Trustees, Crittenton Foundation
Vice President for Administration, Board of Managers, Gilpin Hall
Past activities have included: Vice Chair (Governor Chair), Delaware Agency to Reduce Crime; Chairman, Juvenile Justice Advisory Group; and former President; Board of Directors, Delaware Center for Justice; Former Treasurer, Board of Trustees, Historical Society of Delaware; Former Board of Trustees, New Castle Historical Society (former President)
· Fifty-State Monograph Of The Enforceability Of No Damages Delay Clauses
· State-By-State Guide To Construction Contracts And Claims
· Roca V. E. I. Du Pont De Nemours And Company Property Owners' Duties To An Independent Contractor's Employees In Delaware
· 26 Potter Anderson Attorneys Listed In The Best Lawyers In America 2013
· Governor Reappoints Potter Anderson Partner As State's Code Revisor
Daniel F. Wolcott Jr. is Confirmed by State Senate
· What To Do When Construction Projects Go Bad In Delaware
February 07, 2012