Daniel Marinberg, a Shareholder in Greenberg Traurig's Miami office, has wide-ranging experience in virtually all aspects of sophisticated real estate transactions in the hospitality industry, including hotel management negotiations, rebranding, and terminations, financings on behalf of borrowers and lenders, workouts, joint ventures, loan sales, leasing, development and the acquisition and disposition of both individual properties and multi-asset portfolios. He also assists his clients with international issues arising from these deals. He has experience in a wide-range of projects including, but not limited to, hotels, resorts, condominiums, condominium hotels, and mixed-use.
Areas of Concentration
· Hospitality and resorts acquisitions, lending and development
· Real estate secured lending
Professional & Community Involvement
· Graduate, Leadership Miami, Class XXXI, 2009-2010
· Member, Illinois State Bar Association
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, The Florida Bar
· Chair, Dade County Bar Association International Law Committee, 2003-2004
· Vice-Chair, Dade County Bar Association International Law Committee, 2002-2003
· Head Coach, University of Miami Women's & Men's Club Volleyball, 2002-present
Awards & Recognition
· Finalist, Daily Business Review, "Top Dealmaker of the Year - Hotels Category," 2013
· Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
· Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010 and 2013
· Listed, South Florida Legal Guide, 2004-2013
- "Top Lawyers in South Florida," 2010-2013
- "Up & Comers," 2004-2009
· Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011 and 2012
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2010-2011
- "Rising Star," 2010
· Representation of lender in providing bridge financing to branded California hotel under construction.
· Representation of Brilla Group, LLC affiliate in acquisition of interests in Conde Nast top rated St. Barth's hotel.
· Representation of the Miami Art Museum (pro bono and otherwise) for various exhibition agreements and contractual matters.
· Representation of foreign investment fund in cash acquisition out of foreclosure of major Pacific waterfront Mexican resort, and negotiation of hotel operating agreement for the resort.
· Representation of investment group in acquisition of 40 luxury condo-hotel units in Bal Harbour.
· Representation of Brilla Group, LLC affiliate in cash acquisition of the Raleigh Hotel in South Beach.
· Representation of New York hotelier in acquisition out of bankruptcy of Breakwater and Edison Hotels in South Beach, and other boutique Collins Avenue hotels.
· Representation of developer of Q Club Ft. Lauderdale in negotiating $110 million financing, and leasing operations.
· Representation of downtown retail center in negotiation and closing of $10 million financing.
· Representation of luxury beachfront South Beach hotel in $180 million financing.
· Representation of New York developer in acquisition and $475 million financing of approximately 20 acres on Las Vegas Strip, together with negotiation of prospective hotel management agreement.
· Representation of Miami joint venture in development and sale structuring of luxury downtown Miami River hotel, and negotiation of hotel operating agreement with national luxury brand.
· Representation of New York developer in acquisition and development of luxury Caribbean resort in Anguilla, including negotiation of leases and concessions with Government of Anguilla, and hotel operating agreements with various luxury international brands.
· Representation of major lending institution in construction loan for luxury, bayfront condominium project in downtown Miami.
· Representation of majority owner of public company focused on lithium-ion battery technology and energy in obtaining $80 million financing from Eastern European state bank.
· Representation of marina owner and operator in obtaining title insurance in Caribbean jurisdictions.
· Representation of investment group in acquisition and development plans for luxury resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.
· Representation of Freedom Tower owner in charitable contribution of Freedom Tower to Miami-Dade College.
· Representation of major Florida bank in numerous multi-million dollar real estate and asset based loans and lines of credit throughout Florida.
· Representations of various prospective developers in evaluating viability of projects and legislation in jurisdictions of Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas.
· Representation of hotel and condo-hotel developers in negotiation of operating agreements with hotel operators.
· Representation of institutional lenders in real estate secured and asset-based lending transactions.
· Representation of developers in negotiating construction financing and/or refinancing.
· Representation of clients in acquisitions and sales of fee and leasehold interests in real property.
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Author, "GATT/WTO Waivers: 'Exceptional Circumstances' as Applied to the Lome Waiver," Boston University International Law Journal, Vol. 19, No. 1; (cite 19 B.U. Int'l L. J. 129)