Dan is Co-chair of the Firm's Real Estate Section. His experience covers all aspects of commercial real estate, including acquisitions and sales, development, permitting, leasing, and financing. He represents developers, owners, and operators of real estate. His clients include national and local developers, opportunity funds, pension advisors, and several real estate entrepreneurs.
He has extensive experience acquiring and selling commercial properties of all types. His experience includes the management of an acquisition program for a public shopping center REIT; the acquisition and disposition of office buildings, apartments, industrial, and retail properties for private real estate investment funds; and numerous other multiproperty and multistate transactions.
Dan manages a multistate leasing program for a national real estate investment fund. His commercial leasing experience extends to large retail properties, such as big box stores and power centers, office parks, and office/research and development campuses.
He also has extensive experience in development and land use, including both market rate and affordable multifamily housing projects. His development practice focuses on site control, acquisition, planning, and permitting and includes large-scale developments with complex zoning and land use issues.
Dan also represents lenders and borrowers in various types of financing and shared investment transactions, from conventional, property-specific mortgage loans to mezzanine loans, preferred equity investments, and joint ventures.
Recognitions & Awards
•Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
•Chambers USA: Massachusetts - Real Estate (2012 - 2014)
•Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Real Estate (2010 - 2014)
•Best Lawyers in America: Real Estate (2015)
•Eighty-Five Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2014 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.17.2014)
• Sixty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Included in The Best Lawyers in America, 2015 Edition, (08.18.2014)
• Fifty-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2014 Guide, (05.23.2014)
• Seventy-Nine Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2013 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.21.2013)
• Forty-Eight Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2013 Guide, (05.24.2013)
• Seventy-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2012 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.22.2012)
• Mintz Levin Attorney Daniel O. Gaquin Featured in Chambers USA 2012 Guide, (06.21.2012)
• Forty-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Featured in Chambers USA 2012 Guide, (06.07.2012)
• Fifty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.21.2011)
• Forty-Nine Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.19.2010)
•Speaker, Distressed Debt Opportunities: Can Sinking Assets Float?, The Real Estate Industry in a Recessionary Environment: Sink, Tread Water, or Swim?, Mintz Levin and ML Strategies, Boston, MA (06.22.2010)