Dario practices exclusively in the area of workers' compensation defense. Since joining Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin in September of 1999, he has handled several hundred workers' compensation matters for national hotel chains, national department stores and other retail chains, national restaurant chains, national consumer goods manufacturers (including baked goods), paint and personal care products manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, regional farms and dairies, and regional health care facilities.
Dario successfully tried to conclusion two workers' compensation permanent total disability claims in which the petitioners were seeking lifetime permanency and medical benefits by showing that the petitioners' disability was not causally related to our clients' employment.
Dario received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from New York University in 1988. He subsequently worked as a paralegal for the publishing house Simon & Schuster, Inc., before entering Rutgers School of Law, Newark, New Jersey in 1995. He received his juris doctor in May of 1998 and began clerking for the New Jersey Division of Workers' Compensation, Newark, shortly thereafter.
• "Navigate Through the Intentional Tort Exception To the New Jersey Workers' Compensation Act," New Jersey Law Journal, Vol. 202 No. 5, November 1, 2010
• "The Motion for Emergent Medical Care and a Swifter, Stronger Division of Workers' Compensation," Defense Digest, 2009-03, Vol. 15, No. 1
• Tri-State Workers' Compensation Legal Update, Roadmap to Success - Understanding Workers' Compensation, Marshall Dennehey seminar, October 24, 2013
Past Employment Positions
• New Jersey Division of Workers' Compensation, Newark, New Jersey, Law Clerk
Associations & Memberships
• American Bar Association
• New Jersey State Bar Association
• Justice James H. Coleman Jr. New Jersey Workers' Compensation American Inn of Court, Pupilage Leader, Essex/Union; Executive Committee on Education, member
Honors & Awards
• Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
Year Joined Organization: 1999