Darrell C. Smith has extensive experience representing business entities of all sizes, including privately held growing businesses and large and small public companies. He regularly represents clients in mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, contract negotiations, strategic planning, legal compliance and general corporate matters. He also has extensive experience in securities matters, including advising clients with regard to their private and public offerings of securities (including initial public offerings and going private transactions) and their ongoing disclosure obligations.
Darrell has a national practice with extensive experience in international transactions as well. In addition to representing businesses, Darrell also provides services to venture capital and equity capital interests and other financing sources. Additionally, he has significant experience in representing Boards of Directors and Special Committees of the Board as well as representation in company internal and external investigations.
Darrell is a former member of Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP's eight person Management Committee and former Managing Partner of the firm's Tampa office.
· AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
· Florida Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine, 2006 - 2013
· Best Lawyers in America, 2008 - 2014
· Legal Elite by Florida Trend magazine, 2012
· Tampa Bay Business Journal Top Lawyer, 2010 and 2009
· Americas Leading Lawyers for Business Chambers USA®, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, Corporate/M&A Private Equity practice area
· Key Executive profile in the Tampa Business Journal
· Tampa Bay Business Journal Blue Chip Awards and the Ultimate CEO Awards, Judge
· Tampa Bay's Best Lawyers
· Who's Who Florida, the official research partner of the International Bar Association
· Finance Monthly Magazine's Law Awards for Achievement, 2010
· Leading Lawyer by Intercontinental Finance Magazine, 2012
Professional and Community Affiliations
· The Florida Bar
· Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo, former Board of Directors
· Tampa Preparatory School, former Board of Directors
· Tampa Bay Partnership, former Board of Directors
Banking and Financial Institutions
Sports and Entertainment
Public Law and Public Finance