Darren McGuire is a partner in our Montréal office as well as the National Leader of our Maritime Law Group and the Regional Leader of our Business Immigration Group. He acts as counsel to many small, mid-size and large multi-national companies in, amongst others, the high technology, cosmetics, tobacco, entertainment, hotel and financial services (banking and accounting) sectors on various immigration and related issues. In his Maritime law practice, Darren acts as counsel to shipowners, charterers, shippers, freight forwarders, and their respective agents and insurers in both commercial contexts and before the courts and administrative tribunals.
Publications & Presentations
· Contributor to newsletters and publications on immigration and Maritime issues.
· Speaker at various conferences and seminars relating to Maritime, transportation and immigration law.
Rankings & Recognitions
· Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2014 edition (and since 2010) of The Best Lawyers in Canada® (Immigration Law).
· Martindale-Hubbell® BV® Peer Review Rated (Maritime Law).
· Member, Montréal Bar Association
· Member, Canadian Maritime Law Association
· Member, Association of Maritime Arbitrators of Canada
· Member, Québec Association of Immigration Lawyers
· Member, Canadian Bar Association's Immigration Section
· Member and former President (2009-2010), Grunt Club Inc. - the marine community of the Port of Montréal
· Member, Board of Trustees of the Canadian Athletic Foundation
· Member, Advisory Committee of the Point St. Charles Hall of Recognition Foundation
· Member, Point St. Charles Hall of Recognition Foundation's Scholarship Selection Committee
· Governor, Québec Bar Foundation