Dave concentrates his practice in the firm's Casualty Department in the areas of automobile liability, trucking and transportation, uninsured and underinsured motorist's claims, and premises liability. He has represented numerous commercial carriers along with commercial entities. In his career, Dave has handled more than 300 casualty matters ranging from structural failure and design defects to slip and fall incidents, representing private and commercial clients.
Dave also has significant experience handling more than 150 medical malpractice matters representing hospitals, physicians groups, physicians, physician's assistants, and physical therapists.
During the early part of his career, Dave was instrumental in organizing Delaware County's first American Inn of Court and was one of its charter members. As member of this Inn, Dave was involved in numerous presentations to local bar associations. He is a charter member of the Honorable Donald E. Wieand Inn of Court and served as its representative at the American Inns of Court national meeting in 1997.
Dave has spoken on the topic of risk management and malpractice avoidance to institutions and physicians groups.
Dave is a graduate of the Pennsylvania State University at University Park, Pennsylvania. He attended the Widener University School of Law in Wilmington, Delaware, receiving his juris doctor in 1988.
Dave enjoys giving back to the community in many ways. He represents the Boy Scouts of America as board commissioner; participates on the Mini Trail's Council, South Mountain District, Troop 318, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; serves on the Historic Bethlehem Partnership Advisory Board; Central Moravian Church; New Bethany Ministries Board of Trustees; and Touchstone Theatre Board of Trustees (Emeritus); as well as the Church World Service, and Annual Crop Walk Coordinator.
Significant Representative Matters
· Successfully resolved a tort action defending a local school district involving a fatal school bus accident by demonstrating that the actions of the defendant school bus driver were not the proximate cause of the decedent's death.
· Successfully resolved at binding arbitration claims involving severe burns and other related trauma in an intersectional collision where the demand was $5 million.
· Successfully resolved two medical malpractice cases wherein the doctor had conceded that he had breached the standard of care.
Associations & Memberships
· American Bar Association
· Donald E. Wieand American Inn of Court
· Lehigh County Bar Association
· Northampton County Bar Association
· Pennsylvania County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
· AV® Preeminent™ by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
Year Joined Organization: 1990
A Victory For The Uninsured Motorist In Pennsylvania?
Defense Digest Article · June 1, 2012
Pennsylvania - Automobile Liability Key Points: Pennsylvania Supreme Court holds that an uninsured driver injured in a motor vehicle accident with an insured driver may sue the insured driver for "economic damages." By..., Defense Digest, Vol. 18, No. 2, June 2012