- Health & FDA Business
- Government Law & Policy
- Financial Regulatory and Compliance Group
- Government Contracts
- Pharmaceutical, Medical Device & Health Care Litigation
|Contact Info||Telephone: 850.425.8550|
|University ||Florida State University, B.S., Business Management, magna cum laude, 1984|
|Law School||Florida State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1987 Member, Florida State University Law Review|
|Memberships ||American Health Lawyers Association; American Bar Association. |
|Born||Tallahassee, Florida, November 16, 1963|
David Ashburn represents a diverse array of clients in their dealings with numerous state and federal regulatory agencies. David's understanding of governmental regulatory processes has also enabled him to provide counsel to buyers and sellers of health care related businesses, and to lenders and private equity groups that finance those transactions. The many types of health care, managed care and insurance related clients David has represented include the following:
· Ambulatory surgery centers
· Agents/special servicers for lenders
· Assisted living facilities
· Continuing care retirement communities
· Diagnostic imaging centers
· Durable medical equipment providers
· Health care clinics
· Health Maintenance Organizations
· Home health agencies and nurse registries
· Nursing homes
· Physician practices, including large multi-specialty practices
· Providers networks that contract with HMOs and insurers
· Residential treatment facilities
· Third party administrators serving HMOs and insurers
Areas of Concentration
· Health care
· Governmental law
· Governmental procurement
· Administrative law
· Insurance regulation
Professional & Community Involvement
· Board Member, Tallahassee Symphony Orchestra
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, American Health Lawyers Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Government Relations Practice; Health Care Law, 2008-2014
· Represented insurers, health maintenance organizations and third-party administrators in connection with licensure and change of control issues, and other regulatory matters.
· Represented a national senior housing provider that operates more than 60 assisted living facilities in Florida in numerous licensure and financing transactions over a period of more than 15 years.
· Represented a hospital system in obtaining regulatory approval for the construction of a new hospital.
· Represented the agent for the owner of three continuing care retirement communities in the replacement of management and installation of a new investment advisor.
· Represented agent/special servicer for consortium of lenders in connection with borrower default on loan secured by a continuing care retirement community.
· Represented hospice and home health agency providers in connection with governmental investigations.
· Represented, in two separate acquisition transactions totaling more than $150 million, a health system that contracts with managed care payors for the provision of post-acute care services, including nursing services, home health services and durable medical equipment and related services.
· Represented a new company in the acquisition of a chain of nursing homes.
· Represented a national provider of mental health services in obtaining regulatory approval for a new psychiatric hospital.
· Represented buyers and sellers of physician practices, including large multi-specialty practices.
· Represented a company acting as investment advisor and agent for owner of three continuing-care retirement communities in obtaining refinancing in excess of $90 million.
· Represented a private equity fund in the acquisition of a nurse staffing company with operations in all 50 states.
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#358 in weekly profile views out of 3,835 lawyers in Tallahassee, Florida|
|#251,415 in weekly profile views out of 1,505,564 total lawyers Overall|