David C. Peck works with emerging growth companies, established entities and private equity firms in executing their strategic plans. He assists companies beginning with corporate formation, obtaining and structuring both equity and debt financing, mergers and acquisitions, as well as the integration of acquired operations, undertaking initial public offerings, and continuing through to liquidity and exit strategies.
David understands the unique needs of high growth companies. He has served as the General Counsel and Vice President of Finance of a high growth, public company, as well as being the President of a private, start-up company that raised multiple rounds of equity and debt financing and grew to more than $75 million in revenues in less than two years. David has a wide range of experience including the areas of health care technology and services, life sciences, technology, corporate restructurings, and aviation.
Areas of Concentration
· Corporate formation and governance
· Private equity/venture financing and investments
· Mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic partnerships
Professional & Community Involvement
· Board of Directors, Brookwood Florida East
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, The Florida Bar
· Member, New York Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law; Health Care Law, 2006-2014
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2011-2013
· Listed, Florida Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," Corporate Securities Law, 2012
· Healthcare representation has included: OMNI Home Health, a home healthcare provider; TMS Health, a provider of inbound and outbound marketing programs to pharmaceutical and healthcare companies; SPi Technologies, medical billing and BPO services; Senior Bridge Family Companies, a private pay, home health care provider; iSirona, a healthcare software and device company; Info-X, a developer of healthcare IT products; Home Healthcare Resources, a specialty home infusion provider; and MTI Precision Products Inc., X-Tip Technology and Bio-Tip, all medical device companies.
· Biotechnology, Life Science and Medical Device representation has included: Adamis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Electro-Optical Sciences, Inc., Biogen, Inc., DNA Plant Technology Corporation, Crop Genetics International Corporation, and Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc. as underwriters' counsel.
· Restructuring representation has included: Outsource International, ParkStone Medical Information Systems, Kellstrom Industries, Petropac Holdings, Sea Specialties and Apple Capitol Group, as company counsel in connection with reorganization issues, Chapter 11 proceedings, debtor-in-possession (DIP) credit facilities, and asset sales pursuant to Section 363; in addition to acting as counsel to private equity firms and other companies in connection with the purchase of assets and/or stock in connection with 363 sales and plans of reorganization.
· President and Director, OMNA Medical Partners
· General Counsel and Vice President of Finance, Inphynet Medical Management Inc.
Articles, Lectures & Publications
· Quoted, "Holding Back in the M&A Race?" Mergers & Acquisitions, January 2007
· Dealmaker, "Attorney Leads Greenberg Team in Handling $10.5M Acquisition," Daily Business Review, November 2006
· Quoted, "Does the Target Have a Culture of Cutting Corners," Mergers & Acquisitions, April 2006
· Author, "Buying Assets from Bankrupt Businesses," South Florida Business Journal, May 2002
· Author, "OIG Advises on Physician Investments in ASCs," Florida Medical Business Journal, November-December 2001
· Author, "Financing Your Company When Money Gets Tight," South Florida Business Journal, August 2001
· Panelist, "Valuations in Uncertain Times," Florida Venture Capital Conference, February 2008
· Moderator & Panelist, "Forecasting Markets - The Capital Update for 2006," MIT Enterprise Forum, February 2006
· Lecturer, "Entrepreneurship and Franchising," TiE Florida, September 2004
· Lecturer, "Beyond Awareness: Managing Your HIPAA Journey," Rx2000 Institute's Florida Workshops, February 2002