David is an Associate with the Corporate Commercial practice group in the Dentons Edmonton office. David maintains a general business and commercial law practice, including mergers and acquisitions, secured lending, corporate governance, corporate finance and securities. He has experience preparing and reviewing legal agreements for a wide range of corporate and commercial matters. In addition, he deals with various real estate-related issues, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and development.
As a university student David worked with the United States Department of Commerce, in the BuyUSA Commercial Services Directorate, and with the in-house legal department of a major machinery dealer in Canada.
David previously articled and worked as an associate at a large Saskatchewan law firm prior to joining Dentons as an associate in 2014.
David is fluent in Korean and is actively involved with the Korean community of Edmonton.
• Lead associate in a team that acted as co-counsel to the underwriting syndicate on the initial public offering of 10,500,000 Class A Limited Voting shares of Information Services Corporation of Saskatchewan (TSX:ISV) for gross proceeds of CA$169 million with overallotment.
• Lead associate in a team that acted as counsel to a confidential client (listed on the TSX) on the acquisition of a major hotel in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan for CA$37.15 million, including on the acquisition financing.
• Lead associate in a team that acted as counsel to a confidential client (listed on the TSX) on the acquisition of a major hotel in Regina, Saskatchewan for CA$32.8 million, including on the acquisition financing.
• Named as one of the lawyers for the category of corporate/securities in the Privatization and Initial Public Offering of Information Services Corporation, Lexpert - Big Deals (November, 2013)
Activities and Affiliations
• Member, Law Society of Saskatchewan
• Member, Canadian Bar Association