David Davidson is a trial lawyer who practices in Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati in the areas of personal injury, criminal defense, domestic relations and commercial litigation.
· Keel v. St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Ky., 842 S.W.2d 860 (1992). Set precedent for need for expert medical testimony in medical negligence cases
· Bush v. Commonwealth, Ky., 839 S.W.2d 550 (1992). Set precedent for use of testimony knowing that a witness would plead Fifth Amendment and preventing prejudicial pre-trial public statements by prosecution.
· Smith v. Meyer, Ky., 660 S.W.2d 9 (1983). Set precedent for use of value of donated medical services in automobile accident cases.
· Dunham v. City of Ft. Wright, etc., United States District Court for Southern District of Ohio (Cincinnati) (1994). Civil Rights case where two Ft. Wright police officers were convicted of criminal offenses and imprisoned and settlement of a civil rights case in Cincinnati.
· Kiefel v. International Knife and Saw, Kenton Circuit Court (Covington) (1990). Injured employee discharged while receiving workers' compensation benefits won a jury verdict for discrimination.
· Commonwealth v. Robert Johnson, Kenton Circuit Court (Covington) (1992). Acquittal of juvenile, who was previously convicted of murder, on charge of rape of another juvenile in the Kenton County Juvenile Detention Center.
· Ewald v. Star Bank, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Ky (1996). Settlement of Family Medical Leave Act Case. First known FMLA Case in Eastern District of Kentucky.
· May v. Accordia Rauh, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio (1996). Settlement of Americans with Disabilities Act Case.
· Hofler v. Larkin, M.D., Kenton Circuit Court (Covington 1998), substantial jury verdict in favor of client in medical negligence case.
· MX Group v. City of Covington, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky (2000) and United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Judgment against City for violation of Americans with Disabilities Act in declining to grant zoning permit to methadone clinic, affirmed on appeal in 2002.
· MX Group, Inc. v. City of Covington, 293 F.3d 326 (6th Cir. 2002)
· Champ Realty Investment v. City of Covington, Kentucky Court of Appeals (2002). Reinstatement of zoning decision allowing Life Learning Center, a facility to locate multiple social services agencies in one location, to be constructed in location in inner-city Covington in face of opposition of City.
· Commonwealth v. Saylor - Kenton Circuit Court (2004) - defense of murder charge that led to manslaughter conviction and appeal regarding self defense. Saylor v. Commonwealth, 144 S.W.3d 812 (Ky. 2004).
· Penick v. Spaulding - Kenton Circuit Court (2007) - represented client who was a quadriplegic after fall from ladder while working for defendant. Substantial settlement for client.
· Kenton County v. Decker - Kenton Circuit Court (2008) - representing owner of property in condemnation proceeding for new location for Kenton County Jail.
· United States v. Cunningham - United States District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky (2008 and 2009) - trial of major felony case involving wire fraud charges against attorneys handling major settlement of class action case. First trial ended in a hung jury after eight weeks of trial and 7 days of jury deliberation. Second trial ended after eight weeks of trial.
· B.L. Spille Construction Co. v. Centria, Inc. - Warren County (Ohio) Court of Common Pleas (2008) - representing construction company on dispute related to warranty issues involving roofing system for school construction for Blanchester Schools.
· Express Blower v. Scott Industrial Systems and Kar-Tech - Butler County (Ohio) Court of Common Pleas (2010) - representing distribution company in dispute related to alleged design flaw in control device.
· International Greetings v. Sigretto LLC - Owen County (Kentucky) Circuit Court and American Arbitration Association (2010) - representing client in business formation and dissolution dispute.
· Copland v. Noland - Estill County (Kentucky) Circuit Court (2011) - representing client in declaratory and quiet title action.
· Commonwealth v. Polley - Scott County (Kentucky) Circuit Court (2011) - Arson First Degree charge.
Areas of Concentration
· Personal injury
· Family Law
· Criminal defense
· Personal Injury
· Criminal Defense
· Construction | Commercial Litigation
· Domestic | Civil Litigation
· Kentucky Bar Association
· Northern Kentucky Bar Association past president
· Kentucky Justice Association (formerly Kentucky Academy of Trial Attorneys)
· Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers board of Directors, Rules committee
· Cincinnati Bar Association
· Foundation Board, Kenton County Public Library
· Executive Council, Episcopal Diocese of Lexington
· Member of City of Covington (Ky.) Ethics board
· Vestry, Trinity Episcopal Church
· Welcome House past president of the board
Articles, Publications & Lectures
· Author of "Confession is Good for the Soul" an article in the Kentucky Bench and Bar Magazine, January 2009, regarding confidentiality of confessions and clergy liability.
· Author of Chapter 10, "Briefs on Appeal," of University of Kentucky, Office of Continuing Legal Education Manual on Kentucky Civil Practice After Trial, Second Edition, Copyrighted 1998. Led related seminar section with Kentucky Supreme Court Justice Dan Combs and Kentucky Court of Appeals Judge William Howerton.