David E. Landau practices in the areas of intellectual property, employment and complex commercial litigation . Mr. Landau has extensive experience in trademark, copyright, patent, software development and licensing, e-commerce and business torts litigation. He also regularly handles trade secret, confidentiality and non-competition litigation as well as employment discrimination and employment contract disputes. He has tried numerous cases to verdict. Mr. Landau litigated and won a landmark decision that, under Pennsylvania law, a doctor's patient list is a trade secret. In addition to litigation, he regularly counsels businesses on a variety of matters, including protection of intellectual property and employment. Mr. Landau is counsel to the Philadelphia Union professional soccer club and its stadium, PPL Park. He is listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 editions.
Mr. Landau has long been involved in politics, government and public service. He currently serves as chairman of the Delaware County Democratic Party, one of the largest Democratic parties in Pennsylvania. Mr. Landau has been involved in numerous political campaigns and advised candidates on the federal, state and local levels. In 1984, he served as deputy campaign manager and issues director of a presidential campaign.
Mr. Landau served as solicitor for the Borough of Yeadon, Delaware County, Pennsylvania from 1992-1998 and as special counsel for Nether Providence Township in Delaware County. He was a member of the board of directors of Family and Community Services of Delaware County from 2002-2007. He is a former member of the board of directors of Jewish Federation of Delaware County as well as Congregation Ohev Shalom in Wallingford, Pennsylvania. Early in his career, Mr. Landau was national staff counsel of the American Civil Liberties Union in Washington, D.C., where he handled major civil liberties and civil rights litigation and represented the ACLU before Congress on legislative issues. He has testified more than 30 times on constitutional law issues before various Congressional committees.
Mr. Landau is a 1978 graduate of American University, Washington College of Law and a 1975 graduate, with honors, of Brown University.
• Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2009-present
• WolfBlock LLP
- Partner, 1998- 2009
• Hoyle, Morris Kerr
- Partner, Associate, 1986-1998
• American Civil Liberties Union
- National Staff Counsel, 1978-1985
Honors & Awards
• Listed in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2006-2007, 2014
• Selected as a Top-Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment Law by Martindale-Hubbell and American Lawyer Media, 2013
• Selected as a Top-Rated Lawyer in Intellectual Property Law by Martindale-Hubbell and American Lawyer Media, 2013
• Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
• AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Civic and Charitable Activities
• Delaware County, Pennsylvania, Democratic Party
• Borough of Yeadon, Delaware County, Pennsylvania
- Solicitor, 1992-1998
• Nether Providence Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania
- Special Counsel, 1996-2000
• Quoted in Philadelphia Federal Judgment Could Factor in California Computer Case , The Legal Intelligencer, November 1, 2012
• Mentioned in Referee: Prince Should Pay $4 Mil. to Perfume Manufacturer by Daniel Wise, The Legal Intelligencer, September 6, 2011
• Quoted in Competition Arises from Ex-Employees by Jane M. Von Bergen, The Philadelphia Inquirer, November 15, 2010