Dave has decades of experience assisting clients in establishing, maintaining, and enforcing their intellectual property portfolios. He serves both plaintiffs and defendants, and focuses on patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, chip designs, domain names, and other intellectual property rights. Dave is a collaborative leader, who utilizes the strengths of his teammates to deliver strategic and unique approaches to his clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Dave was co-chair of the IP litigation practice group at another international law firm. He has also worked as a partner at a preeminent US patent firm.
Dave has served as a patent examiner, and worked as a chemical engineer at DuPont.
In addition, Dave was a technical advisor to Judge Baldwin at the Court of Customs and Patent Appeals (CCPA), predecessor court to the Federal Circuit. He also served as Special Master in the US District Court for the District of New Hampshire.
• Successfully concluded multinational licensing arrangements in electronics and software technologies
• Obtained key patents for clients in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, electronics, and electromechanical technologies
Awards & Recognitions
• Listed for more than a decade in the Intellectual Property Law section of Best Lawyers
• Best Lawyers in America: Boston Patent Law "Lawyer of the Year" (2014)
• Consistently listed in New England Super Lawyers
• IAM Patent 1000 World's Leading Patent Practitioners (2013)
• Named one of Boston's Top Lawyers for Patent Law (2014)
• Managing Partner IP Star (2014)
• Led a group recognized as one of the 10 best US firms in prosecuting biotechnology patents, IP Worldwide (2002)
Professional & Community Involvement
• Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
• Member, Boston Bar Association
• Counselor, Boston IP American Inn of Court
• Member, Boston Patent Law Association
• Former President, Massachusetts Bar Association
• Member, Massachusetts Moderators Association
• Former trustee, Archdiocese of Boston Catholic Charities
• Former president, Catholic Family Services
• Town Moderator, Town of Nahant, Massachusetts
• Former member, Nahant Finance & Advisory Committee
• Mintz Levin Further Expands IP Practice with Eighteen Attorneys, (01.09.2015)
• Featured in Mintz Levin Adds More from Edwards Wildman, Bingham McCutchen, The Amercan Lawyer (01.08.2015)