David Goldberg is a trial attorney with experience in virtually all phases of complex commercial litigation and arbitration, including cases of first impression. Over the last 30 years, David has tried numerous multi-week, multi-jurisdictional trials and arbitrations involving a broad range of business torts, contracts and statutory claims. He represents companies, financial institutions, owners, developers and ski resorts in business and commercial real estate disputes. He also represents clients in disputes involving employment agreements, covenants not to compete, trade secrets and proprietary information.
David brings diverse business and legal experience to his practice, having owned an Internet company with offices in Denver and Chicago. David's business background has allowed him to develop a genuine understanding of financial and business issues in litigation. This experience enables him to act effectively as outside general counsel for several companies, including the largest sightseeing and tour company in the world with operations in more than 60 countries.
David has taught at the National Institute for Trial Advocacy since 1993 and has earned a NITA Teaching Certification. He is also an instructor in the firm's national in-house trial program. He is a frequent participant in Continuing Legal Education programs on complex civil litigation, employment law, trade secrets and intellectual property. In addition, David acts as a neutral for the American Arbitration Association.
Prior to joining the firm, David ran his own law firm. In addition, he was formerly the managing partner of an international law firm's Moscow office, where his practice focused on international transactions, financing, licensing and distribution agreements. He also negotiated and drafted outsourcing agreements for large multinational companies.
Areas of Concentration
· Complex commercial litigation
· Real estate litigation
· Employment litigation
· Securities litigation
· Corporate governance litigation
· Intellectual property litigation
· Construction litigation
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Colorado Bar Association
· Member, Denver Bar Association
· Member, International Bar Association
· Member, Rose Community Foundation Child and Family Development Committee, 2011-Present
· Board of Governors, Colorado Bar Association, 2010-Present
· Leadership Cabinet, Colorado Ethics in Business Alliance, 2010-Present
· Member, Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce Masters Group, 2005-Present
· Board Member, Mile High United Way, 2009-2012
· Counsel, Focus Points Family Resource Center, 2006-2011
· Board Member, Colorado Ethics in Business Alliance, 2006-2009
· Board Member, Mile High Chapter of the American Red Cross, 2004-2009
· Board Member, Denver Metro Chamber Foundation, 1998-2006
· Board Member, Urban Peak, 2002-2006
· Leadership Circle, Denver Metro Chamber Foundation, 2005
· Board Member, Cherry Hills Board of Adjustments, 1999-2002
· Board Member, The Children's Hospital Research Institute, 1996-2000
· Board Member, Jewish Family Service, 1996-1999
· Board Member, Colorado I Have A Dream, 1996-1998
· Board Member, Latin American Educational Foundation, 1987-1993
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Construction, 2013, 2014
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Colorado Super Lawyers, 2010-2013
· Recognized, American Red Cross
- "Honor Roll," 2008
- "Board Member of the Year," 2006
· Recognized, "Leadership Circle," Denver Metro Chamber Foundation, 2005
· Recognized, "Chamber Champion," Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, 1999
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Lead counsel for a Fortune 5 company in connection with a lawsuit filed by a competitor seeking to prohibit the company from selling branded products and opening retail stores in Colorado for a period of ten years under the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act.
· Counsel for a Fortune 5 company in connection with a $100 million claim involving underground storage tanks.
· Counsel for a major investment bank and successor-owner of a 500,000-square-foot luxury resort in connection with construction disputes.
· Lead counsel for a multibillion-dollar publicly traded company through trial in a lengthy civil racketeering case.
· Lead counsel for a nationwide title company in a lengthy federal district court fraud action.
· Lead counsel for the developer of a $500 million base village adjacent to a major Colorado ski resort in connection with numerous real estate and business disputes.
· Lead counsel for the developer of a resort development in California in connection with Interstate land Sales Act claims.
· Lead trial counsel for the owner and developer of a $280 million luxury resort against 112 buyers asserting tort, contract, and statutory claims, including fraud and violations of the Interstate Land Sales Act.
· Lead trial counsel for the owner of a major Colorado ski resort in an action to rescind the sale of the ski resort and development property located at the base of the ski hill.
· Neutral, American Arbitration Association
· Instructor, National Institute for Trial Advocacy
· Deputy District Attorney
· Research Assistant, House of Lords, London, England
· Licensed Real Estate Broker