David Silverman's practice is concentrated in the area of corporate law, with an emphasis on private equity, mergers and acquisitions, hedge funds, venture capital and corporate finance. David represents clients in complex transactions, including leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, distressed transactions, hedge fund formation and private security offerings. His clients include private equity funds and their portfolio companies, venture capital investors, large corporate entities, global investment banks and investment managers.
David received his J.D., cum laude, from Boston University, where he was a member of the Review of Banking & Financial Law, and his B.A., summa cum laude, from Binghamton University, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
Representative transactions on which David has worked include:
• The management team of Medpace Holdings, Inc. in connection with its $930 million leveraged recapitalization sponsored by Cinven,
• A private equity firm in the formation of a joint venture with a privately held maritime company.
• Relypsa, Inc. in connection with multiple financings.
• The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Quest Software, Inc. in connection with its $2.4 billion sale to Dell, Inc.
• A number of venture capital firms in preferred stock, convertible note and common stock financings of emerging software and technology companies.
• OrbiMed Advisors LLC in multiple investments in domestic and multinational medical technology companies.
• A private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of a timeshare operator.
• DoubleLine Capital LP in connection with its formation and entry into a joint venture arrangement with Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.
• An asset manager in connection with the formation of a number of hedge funds.
• CVC Capital Partners in its $4.4 billion agreement to acquire the iShares ETF business from Barclays.