David Silverman's practice is concentrated in the area of corporate law, with an emphasis on private equity, mergers and acquisitions, hedge funds, venture capital and corporate finance. David represents clients in complex transactions, including leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, distressed transactions, hedge fund formation and private security offerings. His clients include private equity funds and their portfolio companies, venture capital investors, large corporate entities, global investment banks and investment managers.
He received his J.D., cum laude, from Boston University, where he was a member of the Review of Banking & Financial Law, and his B.A., summa cum laude, from Binghamton University, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. David is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
Representative transactions on which David has worked include:
· A development stage pharmaceutical company in connection with a recent financing.
· The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Quest Software, Inc. in connection with its $2.4 billion sale to Dell, Inc.
· OrbiMed Advisors LLC in multiple investments in domestic and multinational medical technology companies.
· Yucaipa in the Inner City Media Corporation chapter 11 reorganization case.
· Icahn Capital in its bid for the assets of Blockbuster, Inc.
· A private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of a timeshare operator.
· DoubleLine Capital LP in connection with its formation and entry into a joint venture arrangement with Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.
· An asset manager in connection with the formation of a number of hedge funds.
· CVC Capital Partners in its $4.4 billion agreement to acquire the iShares ETF business from Barclays.
· Bay Harbour Management in connection with its acquisition of a retail clothing company.