Co-chair of the firm, David's practice focuses primarily on the development of business structures, corporate reorganizations, corporate and commercial law, and public offerings of securities. As a member of the Merger Committee, he assisted in negotiating the merger of Gauley & Co. with McDougall Ready to form McDougall Gauley LLP, on January 1, 2001.
David provides advice in commercial financing/secured transactions, commercial real estate developments, corporate organizations and business structures, corporate reorganizations, amalgamations, private placements and public offerings of securities. He assists financial institutions in the realization process in relation to commercial and farming enterprises.
· Appointed Co-Chair of McDougall Gauley LLP, 2013
· "Best Lawyers in Canada" - Banking Law, Corporate Law, 2006-2012
· Appointed Queen's Counsel, 1989
· Partner, 1977
· Admitted to the Saskatchewan Bar, 1974
Seminars & Presentations
· Past Lecturer, Bar Admission Course, Law Society of Saskatchewan
· Past Presenter, Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch, Mid-winter Meetings
Memberships & Associations
· Member, Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch
· Member, Saskatoon Bar Association
· Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
· Honorary Member, Alberta Law Society
· Bencher, 1985-1991, Law Society of Saskatchewan
· Past-President, 1990, Law Society of Saskatchewan
· Past Director of Saskatoon Bar Association
· Past Chair, Law Society Committees; Discipline, Professional Conduct, Interjurisdictional Practise, etc.
· Member of Federation of Law Society Committees:
- Edwards Interjurisdictional Practise Committee, 1988 - 1991
- Interjurisdictional Implementation Committee, 1991 - 1993