David K. TeSelle is a nationally recognized trial lawyer and President of the National Trial Lawyers Business Torts Specialty Association. Mr. TeSelle has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict in state and federal court and in private arbitration. He is also co-leader in charge of managing Burg Simpson's Complex Commercial/Business Litigation and Construction Defect Litigation Groups, which includes over a dozen of the best trial lawyers in the country.
Mr. TeSelle's primary focus is fighting for his clients through complex commercial, business and construction defect litigation disputes, sometimes against the largest, toughest, and most well-funded big businesses, banks, builders and insurers in the world. This includes numerous successful settlements, trial verdicts and arbitration awards in the multiple millions of dollars in many different areas of complex commercial litigation, including construction defects, “ bet the business” disputes, fiduciary duty violations, shareholder, partnership and member disputes, consumer and corporate fraud, securities disputes, whistleblower actions, property disputes, insurance bad faith actions, lender-liability disputes, investor disputes, shareholder derivative actions, product liability cases, class actions and mass torts. Mr. TeSelle has also successfully tried several complex personal injury jury trials to multiple million dollar verdicts. Mr. Te Selle has also handled Federal and State False Claim Act (or Qui Tam) Litigation on behalf of whistleblowers who expose fraud against the state and federal taxpayers.
Mr. TeSelle believes that trial lawyers are critical to preserving the vibrant marketplace that makes our country exceptional. Only trial lawyers can ensure that the good businesses, good builders, good bankers, good investment advisors and good insurers succeed- and thrive - by bring the bad actors to justice, to ensure that the system is fair and just for all.
Mr. TeSelle serves a wide range of clients, and prides himself on hard work, professionalism, and an unrelenting focus on serving the client, striving to meet the client's goals and objectives in a cost-effective manner. Mr. TeSelle demands only “ A-plus” work product from his team on all aspects of legal representation. One size does not fit all in high-stakes commercial and construction defect litigation disputes. Mr. TeSelle is always working to find creative and effective ways to achieve success for his clients. Mr. TeSelle never forgets that the ultimate goal is to fight hard to win justice for his clients, and to do so as ethically, effectively and economically as possible.
Mr. TeSelle is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, has repeatedly been listed in Best Lawyers in America, and as a Colorado Super Lawyer, and has been honored as a Top 100 Trial Attorney by the National Trial Lawyers Association. He has also been deputized by the State of Wyoming as an Assistant State Attorney General to seek recovery of over a hundred million dollars in losses suffered by the state pension and treasury as a result of the fraudulent ratings placed on structured investment products during the Great Recession.
Mr. TeSelle was born in Lincoln, Nebraska, grew up in Reading, Pennsylvania, and graduated from Columbia College at Columbia University in New York, NY in 1991. Mr. TeSelle received his law degree in 1994 from Dickinson School of Law (now of Pennsylvania State University). Mr. TeSelle joined Burg Simpson in 1998, after practicing for several years outside Philadelphia. Mr. TeSelle is a regular correspondent on Robert Kennedy and Mike Papantonio's “ Ring of Fire” TV program on Free Speech TV. He is also a regular speaker at national conferences, teaching other lawyers about trial practice and various aspects of business/commercial litigation. He also teaches classes on trial practice to young aspiring trial lawyers at the University of Denver's Sturm College of Law.
• Best Lawyers in America, 2012-2015
• Colorado Super Lawyer, 2012 and 2013
• Top 100 Attorney, The National Trial Lawyers
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
• AVVO 10.0 Rating
• fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
• President, NTLA Business Tort Trial Lawyers Association
In The Media
• March 19, 2015: Fox News in Los Angeles, California reports on the arsenic in wine lawsuit Burg Simpson filed in California Superior Court on March 19, 2015, which features David TeSelle speaking at the press conference held to announce the lawsuit.
• March 19, 2015: On March 19, 2015 Burg Simpson filed a lawsuit in California Superior Court alleging that certain California wineries are violating state law by knowingly producing, marketing and selling arsenic contaminated wine and failing to warn consumers about the potential danger. David TeSelle, along with shareholder Michael Burg, represent Burg Simpson at the press conference held announcing this lawsuit.
• September 30, 2013: Portions of the Affordable Care Act will begin to take effect very soon, and the same people who helped draft the bill are already lining their pockets thanks to their inside knowledge of the law. David talks about it with Ring of Fire guest host Farron Cousins.
• September 2, 2013: David talks about the new Wall Street democrats with Ring of Fire host Mike Papantonio and attorney Howard Nations.
• July 11, 2013: America's middle class has been squeezed by corporations to the point that they are disappearing. Wages have been slashed, benefits are gone, and healthcare costs are skyrocketing. David speaks with Ring of Fire host Mike Papantonio about it.
• June 21, 2013: Across the country, there is a growing disconnect between the political ideology of state legislatures, and the voters who put them in power. Thanks to gerrymandering, progressive majorities are being shut out. Ring of Fire host Mike Papantonio discusses the problem with David Teselle.
• June 5, 2013: Citizens United opened the doors for unlimited corporate money to influence our election process. Because of that, we' re left with elected officials that are completely obedient to a few billionaire donors. David TeSelle discusses this on the Ring of Fire Radio show.
• May 21, 2013: For decades, lobbyists have helped influence politicians with corporate money. But now, they' ve found an even better way to deliver for corporate America - by getting appointed to high ranking positions WITHIN the administration. Ring of Fire host Mike Papantonio talks with David Teselle.
• April 28, 2013: Watch David's video about the continued assault on government whistleblowers with Mike Papantonio on Ring of Fire Radio.
• March 11, 2013: Attorney David TeSelle Ahead of Banking Suits. Read the recent Law Week Colorado article.
• February 19, 2013: Watch David TeSelle's recent video on the S&P lawsuit, and how the ratings agencies contributed to the economic collapse of 2008.
• “ Commercial Litigation as a ' Hedge' Against the Business and Political Risks of Mass Tort and Personal Injury Practice” - Trial Lawyer Magazine, Volume 3, Number 1, 2013.
Related News Items
• Rapid Funding-James River insurance bad faith case
• Verex Shareholders class action case
• Hosler v. BCORP construction damages case
• Pursuit Partners v. UBS
• ATLA Article re: Pursuit Partners v. UBS