David K. TeSelle is a nationally recognized trial lawyer and co-leader of the Burg Simpson trial team. His passion is trying cases and fighting for justice for his clients, and he believes strongly in every American citizen's right to a trial by a jury of his or her peers to resolve disputes. Mr. TeSelle's primary focus is assisting his clients through complex commercial and business litigation disputes, sometimes against the largest and toughest corporations in the world. This includes numerous successful trial verdicts and settlements for millions of dollars in "bet the business" disputes, fiduciary duty violations, shareholder, partnership and member disputes, consumer and corporate fraud cases, securities cases, investment advisor/broker-dealer disputes, insurance bad faith cases, property disputes, lender-liability disputes, investor disputes, shareholder derivative disputes, product liability cases, and class actions. Mr. TeSelle also has extensive jury trial experience, including million dollar-plus awards, and substantial settlements in personal injury and construction defect cases.
Mr. TeSelle currently acts as co-leader in charge of managing Burg Simpson's Commercial Trial Practice Group, which includes over a dozen of the firm's finest trial lawyers. He has successfully tried to verdict numerous million dollar-plus jury trials, bench trials and arbitrations. In addition, he has negotiated numerous other multi-million dollar settlements. Mr. TeSelle serves a wide range of clients, and prides himself on hard work and an unrelenting focus on striving to meet the client's goals and objectives within the law. One size does not fit all in high-stakes commercial litigation disputes. Mr. TeSelle never forgets that the ultimate goal is to fight hard to win justice for his clients, and to do so as efficiently and economically as possible.
Mr. TeSelle has been listed in Best Lawyers in America, and recognized as a 2013 Colorado Super Lawyer®, recognizing him as among the top 5% in his profession. Mr. TeSelle has also achieved the highest rating from his peers for the quality of legal advocacy, professionalism, and ethics by receiving the coveted "AV" rating from Martindale-Hubbell. He has also met the highest standards of excellence for selection in 2009 through 2013 as one of the National Trial Lawyers Association's Top 100 Trial Lawyers.He is currently President of the National Trial Lawyers Business Tort Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. TeSelle is a 1991 graduate of Columbia College at Columbia University in New York, NY, and a 1994 graduate of the Dickinson School of Law at Pennsylvania State University. Mr. TeSelle joined Burg Simpson in 1998, after practicing for several years where he grew up, outside Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Mr. TeSelle has spoken at several national conferences, teaching other lawyers about trial practice and various aspects of business/commercial litigation. He has also taught classes on real world trial practice to aspiring trial lawyers, at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
Honors / Awards
· Best Lawyers® in America, 2012-2014
· Colorado Super Lawyer®, 2012 and 2013
· Top 100 Attorney, The National Trial Lawyers
· Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
· AVVO 10.0 Rating
· Litigation Counsel of American, (Fellow)
· President, NTLA Business Tort Trial Lawyers Association
· President of the National Trial Lawyers Business Tort Trial Lawyers Specialty Association, 2012, 2013
· The National Trial Lawyers
· Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
· American Bar Association
· Colorado Bar Association
· Arapahoe County Bar Association
· Jefferson County Bar Association
· American Association for Justice (AAJ)
Related News Items
· Rapid Funding-James River insurance bad faith case
· Verex Shareholders class action case
· Hosler v. BCORP construction damages case
· Pursuit Partners v. UBS
· ATLA Article re: Pursuit Partners v. UBS
David in the Media
· June 5, 2013: Citizens United opened the doors for unlimited corporate money to influence our election process. Because of that, we're left with elected officials that are completely obedient to a few billionaire donors. David TeSelle discusses this on the Ring of Fire Radio show.
· May 21, 2013: For decades, lobbyists have helped influence politicians with corporate money. But now, they've found an even better way to deliver for corporate America - by getting appointed to high ranking positions WITHIN the administration. Ring of Fire host Mike Papantonio talks with David Teselle.
· April 28, 2013: Watch David's video about the continued assault on government whistleblowers with Mike Papantonio on Ring of Fire Radio.
· March 11, 2013: Attorney David TeSelle Ahead of Banking Suits. Read the recent Law Week Colorado article.
· February 19, 2013: Watch David TeSelle's recent video on the S&P lawsuit, and how the ratings agencies contributed to the economic collapse of 2008.
· "Commercial Litigation as a 'Hedge' Against the Business and Political Risks of Mass Tort and Personal Injury Practice" - Trial Lawyer Magazine, Volume 3, Number 1, 2013.