- Civil Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Governmental Defense
- Trust Litigation
|Contact Info||Telephone: 650-342-9600|
|University ||University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A., summa cum laude|
|Law School||University of Santa Clara School of Law, J.D., with distinction|
|Memberships ||State Bar of California; San Mateo County Bar Association; Association of Defense Counsel of North America|
Dave is a highly skilled and experienced trial lawyer who has practiced for over three decades in both state and federal courts throughout California. Dave has served as outside counsel for the City of San Mateo for over 20 years defending a variety of tort claims ranging from inverse condemnation to the defense of federal civil rights actions.
Dave’s broad based practice includes trust and estate litigation (elder law), real estate disputes, employment matters, construction defects, commercial contracts, product liability, toxic tort, and a variety of major personal injury and wrongful death actions. He also has extensive knowledge of insurance coverage issues and is instrumental in assisting clients with securing insurance coverage when faced with litigation.
Because of his successful track record in numerous bench and jury trials, Dave has earned a reputation for his courtroom skills. Dave is also an accomplished negotiator who has brought many difficult conflicts to closure through alternative dispute resolution methods. He lectures on settlement and negotiation strategies, serves as a mediator and as a court appointed arbitrator.
- Trust, estate and fiduciary litigation
- Real estate litigation
- Employment litigation
- Toxic tort and catastrophic injury litigation
- Civil rights litigation
- Currently representing multiple families in complex litigation arising from September 2010 PG&E-San Bruno fire.
- Lead counsel in a trial invalidating a trust on the basis of undue influence. Successful in obtaining award of attorneys fees based on successfully proving the opposing party's financial elder abuse.
- Obtained several permanent injunctions on behalf of business-employers against potentially violent customers and former employees.
- Successfully prosecuted substantial inverse condemnation actions on behalf of private property owners against municipalities resulting variously in major remedial repairs of failed improvement, damage awards and attorneys fees.
- Acted as Cumis counsel on behalf of corporate and employer defendants. Instrumental in obtaining early favorable settlements funded by insurance.
- Prevailed on several summary judgment motions in federal civil rights actions.
- Prosecuted and favorably resolved numerous catastrophic injury cases in matters involving inadequate insurance coverage, successfully obtaining significant contributions from responsible parties and favorably negotiating resolution of large hospital/medical lien claims so as to maximize client's recovery.
- Earth Speak
Advisory Board of Directors
Honors and Awards
- AV® Preeminent™
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#30 in weekly profile views out of 340 lawyers in Burlingame, California|
|#118,117 in weekly profile views out of 1,538,052 total lawyers Overall|