David Bogan's practice encompasses all aspects of public utility regulation before administrative agencies and state and federal courts, and he advises some of the nation's largest energy, cable, telecommunications and water companies on regulatory issues and acquisitions. He has served as counsel to some of the largest energy companies in connection with their acquisitions, and appears before various state commissions on energy and communications matters. He has experience in water receivership and transfer proceedings, telecommunications certification proceedings, and electric, gas, water and telecommunications rate proceedings. Bogan frequently appears before the Connecticut Supreme Court and the Connecticut General Assembly on utility-related issues.
· Dominion Resources, Inc., including counsel for its acquisition of the Millstone Power Station in Waterford, Connecticut for $3.2 billion.
· FPL Group, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of the Seabrook Station nuclear facility in New Hampshire for $836 million.
· GdF Suez in connection with its acquisition of FirstLight Power Resources, Inc.
· FirstLight Power Resources in connection with its construction of a 96 MW electric generating facility in Waterbury, Connecticut.principal Connecticut regulatory counsel to Verizon Wireless and its predecessors.
· principal Connecticut regulatory counsel to Comcast Cable Corporation and Comcast Phone of Connecticut.
· Connecticut regulatory counsel to Comcast in connection with its merger with AT&T Broadband.
· Connecticut regulatory counsel to Comcast in connection with the Time Warner/Comcast/Adelphia transaction.
· New England Cable and Telecommunications Association, Inc. (NECTA represents all private cable operators in Connecticut and substantially all cable companies in the New England region).
· CTIA-The Wireless Association® (CTIA is the international association of the wireless communications industry for both wireless carriers and manufacturers. Membership in the organization covers Commercial Mobile Radio Service providers and manufacturers, including cellular providers such as T-Mobile, Sprint Spectrum L.P. ("Sprint"), / AT&T Mobility, Verizon Wireless, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products.
· Regulatory counsel to United Water Connecticut, United Water New York, and United Water Arkansas in connection with rate proceedings and sale of assets.
Before Edwards Wildman
Before joining Edwards Wildman, Bogan chaired the Utilities Group from the Hartford office of Robinson & Cole. Bogan has deep ties to Connecticut, launching his legal career as a staff attorney for the Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority before moving to the Connecticut Office of Consumer Counsel.
Energy & Cleantech
Wireless & Satellite
Connecticut Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Vice President and Board of Directors
Goodspeed Opera House, Board of Trustees
David was selected inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2014
Connecticut Bar Association (CBA), 1992 to present, Executive Committee,Public Utility Section
Connecticut Bar Foundation, 2000 to 2008, Board of Directors
CBA, 1996 to 1998, and 2001 to 2003, House of Delegates
CBA, 1995 to 1996, Treasurer
Federal Communications Bar Association, Co-Chair New England Chapter Steering Committee
New England Energy Alliance, Member, Advisory Council
National Association of Water Companies, 2010, Regulatory Law and Rates Committee