- Corporate & Securities
- Private Equity
|Contact Info||Telephone: 312.476.5038|
|University ||Indiana University Bloomington, A.B., 1963 Phi Beta Kappa|
|Law School||University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 1966 Order of the Coif, Editor, University of Illinois Law Forum|
|Admitted||1966, Illinois; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces; U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois; Supreme Court of the United States|
|Born||Chicago, Illinois, October 20, 1942|
David W. Schoenberg focuses his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law. He has represented large multinational corporations, leveraged-buyout funds and private entrepreneurs in numerous purchase and sale transactions involving both privately and publicly held target corporations.
Areas of Concentration
· Mergers and acquisitions
Awards & Recognition
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Listed, Leading Lawyers Network, 2013
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Represented Liquid Container, LP, a blow molded plastic container manufacturer, in its $568 million sale to Graham Packaging Company Inc., a leading industry participant.
· Represented private investor in the acquisition of a Canadian manufacturer of garbage truck bodies.
· Represented diversified manufacturer of plastic and aluminum food packaging products in the acquisition of a manufacturer of thermoformed plastic packaging products with factories located in Illinois and China.
· Represented private equity investors in the acquisition of a manufacturer of plastic utensils, straws and food service products.
· Represented private equity investors in the acquisition of a multi-plant manufacturer of custom-designed plastic food packaging items.
· Represented private equity investors in the acquisition of a direct marketing company providing discounts to consumers through various online and offline distribution channels.
· Represented leading producer of industrial minerals in the acquisition of a manufacturer of quicklime and hydrated lime.
· Represented private equity investors in the simultaneous acquisition of two Canadian folded carton manufacturers.
· Represented selling stockholders in management buyout of wire and cable manufacturer.
· Represented private equity investors in the purchase of a major plastic food packaging manufacturer.
· Represented a publicly traded producer of industrial minerals headquartered in Canada in its sale to a Peruvian purchaser.
· Represented one of the world's largest manufacturers of electrical connectors in connection with its acquisition of a publicly traded manufacturer of microwave products in a tax-free merger accounted for as a pooling of interests.
· Represented private equity investors in connection with the sale of the U.S.'s largest distributor of petroleum coke to a strategic purchaser.
· Represented a leading worldwide manufacturer of wire and cable in connection with the purchase of the business of one of its competitors, including the negotiation of a long-term aluminum rod supply agreement.
· Represented a leading agricultural chemicals miner and processor in the acquisition of one of the largest potash mines in Canada.
· Represented a private owner in the sale of a well-known telemarketing company to a publicly traded acquirer.
· Represented private owners in connection with the sale of a manufacturer of robotics designed primarily for the nuclear power industry to a private equity fund.
· Represented private investors in the sale of a direct-marketer of club and loyalty programs to a private equity investor.
· Represented large industrial minerals mining and processing complex in the sale of its pre-blend foundry binders business to another minerals company.
· Represented a charity in the sale of its senior living and nursing home facilities to another charity.
· Captain, U.S. Army 1967-1970
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,086 in weekly profile views out of 38,324 lawyers in Chicago, Illinois|
|#42,189 in weekly profile views out of 1,510,377 total lawyers Overall|