- Financial Services
- Antitrust & Unfair Competition
- Insurance Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Class Action
|Contact Info||Telephone: 314.480.1837|
|University ||Boston University, B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude, 1981 Phi Beta Kappa|
|Law School||University of Missouri - Columbia School of Law, J.D., 1984|
|Admitted||1984, Missouri; 1984, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri; 1985, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit; 2003, U.S. District Court, District of Colorado; 2009, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida; U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri|
David focuses on complex commercial litigation as a member of Husch Blackwell's Financial Services team. As a highly respected trial attorney, he litigates extensively in state and federal courts throughout the United States, with substantial involvement in the defense of complex disputes and class action lawsuits. His results-driven counsel ensures the best possible outcomes in commercial fraud claims, contractual disputes, toxic tort actions, environmental lawsuits, insurance coverage matters, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) claims, professional liability claims and real estate disputes.
David has actively litigated numerous federal multidistrict commercial cases, including a substantial class action lawsuit relating to the failure of several municipal bond projects and a complex securities/mortgage pool fraud claim. He also has extensive experience in representing well-known professional services firms and networks in the sophisticated area of professional liability insurance defense.
Professional Associations & Memberships
· The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
· The Missouri Bar
· Served as trial counsel representing a major chemical company in lengthy dispute over the payment of defense and environmental remediation costs at approximately 100 sites across the country. Multiple jury verdicts resulted in settlements for client in excess of $175 million from its insurance carriers.
· Defended a major insurer in a $600 million ERISA class action lawsuit. Plaintiff sought recovery on behalf of 23,000 present and former independent contractor insurance agents. Obtained summary judgment on all claims.
· Defended failed savings and loan institution's officers and directors against allegations of negligently underwriting and authorizing loans that ultimately defaulted and caused significant losses. Obtained favorable rulings and settlement for institution.
· Represented financial institution defrauded in connection with a series of securitized mortgage investments. Secured a series of federal court multimillion-dollar settlements in California.
· Served as trial counsel for physicians' group in connection with fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims arising out of fraudulent accounting and financial practices within a significant medical practice. Obtained a multimillion dollar verdict following five-week jury trial.
· Served as trial counsel for major accounting firm in a federal securities action in Alabama that resulted in favorable settlement.
· Defended bank directors in class action case involving the issuance of subordinated capital notes. Plaintiffs alleged breaches of state and federal securities laws claiming the bank and directors defrauded them by failing to disclose the precarious nature of the institution's capital position. Secured summary judgment in favor of the directors.
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#694 in weekly profile views out of 8,584 lawyers in St. Louis, Missouri|
|#133,092 in weekly profile views out of 1,510,377 total lawyers Overall|