Deepak Nanda is the managing partner of the Los Angeles office of Foley & Lardner LLP. He is a member of the firm's Transactional & Securities, International, and Private Equity & Venture Capital Practices.
Mr. Nanda has experience in a broad range of transactional and securities matters, including cross-border mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, privatization transactions, leveraged recapitalizations and buyouts; venture capital and private equity fund formation and portfolio company investment; public and private offerings of equity and debt securities; public corporation securities laws and reporting compliance; and structured finance transactions. He has significant experience in the financial services, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, information technology and media and entertainment sectors. His clients have included financial institutions, multinational manufacturing and technology companies, and pharmaceutical companies in the United States, Europe and Asia. Mr. Nanda's practice has included representing clients with projects in the United States, Europe, the Middle-East, India, Singapore, China, South Korea, Canada, Latin America and Australia.
Representative transactions include:
· Represented an international Spanish-language media company in its $500M secondary offering debt and equity securities
· Represented a NYSE-listed issuer in its $400M high-yield bond offering
· Represented a NYSE-listed issuer in its $225M high-yield bond offering
· Represented a national food wholesaler in its disposition of a $200M operating division
· Represented a NASDAQ-listed global provider of information management and electronic commerce systems for the financial services industry in establishing operations in India and a series of acquisitions of technology service providers in India
· Represented a national food distributor in the negotiation of its $400M credit facility
· Represented a U.S.-based wireless network infrastructure provider in a series of financing transactions and in establishing operations in Latin America and Europe
· Represented a U.S.-based pharmaceutical manufacturer in a series of product line acquisition in the U.S. and Australia, and in establishing distribution channels in Latin America
· Represented an international wholesale and retail coffee supplier in its acquisition of two U.S.-based coffee retail chains
· Represented a European insurance company in the acquisition and integration of its U.S. operations
· Counseling various public-company boards of directors on securities laws, corporate governance and strategic planning matters
Recent Publications, Interviews and Speaking Engagements:
· Interview, "Funds In Flux - Regulatory Obstacles and Systemic Turbulence Disrupt the Dealflow, Yet India Retains Its Allure to Private Equity Investors," India Business Law Journal (April 2011)
· Interview, "Clear Skies Ahead - As India Inc. Rediscovers its Globetrotting Ambitions, Outbound Investors Face Complex Regulatory Challenges at Home and Overseas," India Business Law Journal (March 2010)
· "SEC Adopts NYSE Rule Amendment Disallowing Broker Voting of Uninstructed Shares in Director Elections," Legal News (July 2009)
· "Growing Your Business Through Acquisitions," presented at Emerging Technologies Conference, University of California, San Diego (October 2008)
· "Private Equity's Seat at the Table in Today's M&A Transactions," presented at The Harvard Club (New York City) by LexisNexis (November 2007)
· "How a General Counsel/Corporate Secretary Can Keep Their Board Out of Trouble," National Directors Institute (March 2006)
Mr. Nanda was recognized as a leading practitioner in Legal 500 (2010-2011) and was previously selected for inclusion in the 2007 Southern California Super Lawyers - Rising Stars® list. In June 2010, Diversity MBA Magazine named Mr. Nanda to its list of "Top 100 under 50 Diverse Executive & Emerging Leaders."
Mr. Nanda is admitted to practice in California. He is also a member of the Los Angeles County and American Bar Associations.
Mr. Nanda graduated from Loyola Law School of Los Angeles in 1997. In 1993, Mr. Nanda received his bachelor of arts degree, cum laude, from the University of California at Irvine, where he was a member of the Order of Merit.